Sean Macauley set for Chesterfield

Guest QUEENSKEEPER

Guest slattsowl

i have heard this rumour and i would hate it if he does leave but wish him luck with the job.

I think this bloke is a great asset to the the club and hearing him at the owlstalk academy night proved how good a coach he really was and he also talks with such great knowledge and confidence.

I hope he does not leave because the plans and philosophies he has implimented for the future would be for the greater good for sheffield wednesday and help bring through more youth players in the future.

Since he came along the academy has been completely different and has finally started to produce class players and in my opinion it is all down to him.

Bit harsh on Mcauley that scram - plenty of clubs go for young youth and reserve coaches with good reps at bigger clubs - watford being a prime example - boothroyd and rogers. bothgood appointments too.

and don't forget when scunny were interested he was at that time doing a good job as owls caretaker manager - think we won two, drew under him?

Bit harsh on Mcauley that scram - plenty of clubs go for young youth and reserve coaches with good reps at bigger clubs - watford being a prime example - boothroyd and rogers. bothgood appointments too.

To be fair Watford went for Boothroyd for one reason and one only - he was cheap!

Ironically really that they sacked him and replaced him with the cheapest guy out there.....

Lets not forget that the reason that Rodgers is at Watford is cos Boothroyd very nearly bankrupted them

It's not harsh on SM - he's a so-so academy coach at a midling CCC club

Not my opinion - they're the facts

Edited by scram

To be fair Watford went for Boothroyd for one reason and one only - he was cheap!

Ironically really that they sacked him and replaced him with the cheapest guy out there.....

Lets not forget that the reason that Rodgers is at Watford is cos Boothroyd very nearly bankrupted them

It's not harsh on SM - he's a so-so academy coach at a midling CCC club

Not my opinion - they're the facts

What an arrogant reply, which fails to take into account circumstances of any kind, to attempt to prove a point of view is correct.

Macauley is one of the most respected coaches at his level by his peers and his job in producing so many first team players in the difficult circumstances should not be undervalued. Some of these may have been pressed into action too quickly however they all try to play the game the correct way and have coached to rbing out the best of whatever abilities they have.

Given the correct level of funding and facilities he can develop this academy into a long term supply chain to the first team.

People need to understand just how difficult it has been working at S6 recently then they would truly appreciate the job Sean has done.

What an arrogant reply, which fails to take into account circumstances of any kind, to attempt to prove a point of view is correct.

Macauley is one of the most respected coaches at his level by his peers and his job in producing so many first team players in the difficult circumstances should not be undervalued. Some of these may have been pressed into action too quickly however they all try to play the game the correct way and have coached to rbing out the best of whatever abilities they have.

Given the correct level of funding and facilities he can develop this academy into a long term supply chain to the first team.

People need to understand just how difficult it has been working at S6 recently then they would truly appreciate the job Sean has done.

From Scram? Surely you are mistaken :ph34r:

Not arrogant - just an honest opinion - but of course if that opinion doesn't equate to sticking a tongue right up the arsecrack of anything to do with the club then it's too often derided as being unworthy.

Of course there are trying circumstances - but that's the case at many clubs - what do you think the circumstances are like at Ipswich, Norwich, MK Dons, Palace, Watford, Charlton, Saints etc etc?

I'm not saying he isn't s respected coach and i'm not saying he's not a good coach

The point i'm trying to make is that not many youth team coaches from average CCC clubs get the top jobs at any club - the opportunities don't come round that often

And it doesn't really matter how well a youth coach does at youth level - because the professional game at 1st team level is a different beast

Brendan Rodgers actually said how he found the difference way beyond what he expected - at Chelsea reserves he wanted for nothing - but at !st team level at Watford he had much inferior resources - but now the results mattered and there was pressure every day

Maybe SM would like to stay out of that type of firing line - and i wouldn't blame him in some respects - but if he has ambitions of being the main man at any club then it's very unlikely the chances will come round frequently

Fair point - it was late - had a few beers - was trying to be succinct - but maybe didn't put any thought into how my point was coming across

I still satnd by what i said in that too many fans at all clubs live in a bubble - there are legions of very decent coaches out there in academies/centres of excellence and in the background at 1st team/reserve level

Obviously there's a lot of crap as well - too much in fact

But fans always tend to think they have the "special" personnel at most clubs and they are better than can be found elsewhere - when in truth most fans are absolutely clueless as to what happens at other clubs and the circumstances they operate within.

I was trying to offer some balance to that debate - but did it very clumsily

I will consider myself told off and try to be more considered in my replies :biggrin: