Having reflected on the season, a couple of trends need addressing IF Carlos remains revolving around 'bravery'.
1. Carlos needs to pick the a system and formation encouraging bravery on the ball and a willingness to push on and make mistakes, even if it means leaving us slightly more open at the back
2. Importantly, to show a lot more bravery in leaving out players who don't fit into system (e.g 442, 433). Round pegs in round holes
3. Carlos needs to identify the spine of the team and then show bravery in sticking with this core 6 players through the middle of the park
4. Carlos needs to be brave and sell players who are not in this core 6/7 to release funds to purchase players who compliment the system (choose Lee or Bannan, Rhodes or Winnall, Hutch or Jones). This will free up funds prior to FFP
5. The general style of football needs to be more like Carlos' first season. Winning games by 2 clear goals as a target rather than holding on for 1-0 performances, bring back some style and the fans will forgive the odd poor result
6. Pick a talisman and build the team around this individuals attributes (Rhodes, FF or Hooper). Look to recoup funds from those who don't fit into this system and may be put out by not being the main man
If we continue the way we did this season then we will finish between 8th and 4th. If this is the ambition then the status quo will give us a 50:50 chance of the playoffs and minimal chance of pushing for automatic promotion.
I'm not sure why people are thinking top 2 is a realistic proposition based on this seasons performances. On the whole and with 3-4 exceptions the football has been average at best.