All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. A few times in the seventies me and my mate Spanner went in the " corner" then climbed into the west stand. Did anyone else do this ? I remember it was mostly empty and no stewards in those days.
  3. We played Everton in a midweek cup game in the late 70’s. At that time me and my mates usually watched from the Lep. Went in as usual but were surrounded by scousers.
  4. It is a matter of record that he said if the fans didn't want him anymore he would sell the club. I am joining many others in saying we want him to sell the club. If a majority of the fans don't want him here he should keep his promise and put the club up for sale at a realistic price. It's that simple.
  5. That's terrible news mate. My condolences to you and all his loved ones. RIP Craig.
  6. That’s very kind of you. I will ask my niece and nephew today. I believe they are deliberating over a couple of charities. I’ll update later today
  7. For me, the protests are about registering our displeasure and raising awareness of the fact we're a club in crisis. It's drawing attention to the very real problem at our club rather than allowing him to continue unchallenged. Perhaps it might make our name more visible to a potential new owner, perhaps it won't. But remaining silent whilst Chansiri does whatever he likes to our club is no longer an option.
  8. The only realistic way out of this is a co investment where DC takes a back seat and gets an earn out linked to Premier league stuff. The theory that a few people (that he doesn’t probably like anyhow) jumping up and down will convince him to take a 100m haircut is clearly button moon thinking.
  9. Yep, Sky Sports reported that the meeting and agreement was between the FA and Premier League clubs only.
  10. You mean we actually forced them into a replay ? wow !! progress !!!
  11. My first season and a half watching us was in the West Upper. Often had away fans sitting around us, which seems bizarre these days especially for those "rougher" times, but don't remember any trouble. Most teams didn't bring big numbers although it was a bit scary when Newcastle and Chelsea did.
  12. No you're not. He's going. He's not an idiot. He's connected within football. Has offers lined up.
  13. For my first ever Wednesday I game was in the West Stand upper, v Southampton in 1985. Have vague memories but pretty sure this was for home fans at the time. Was this always the case for 'smaller' fixtures back then?
  14. This is why in the OP I put "the games over". Not just this, in every respect, and it's a shame. To add to the Arsenal memories, the Palace 2nd replay at Villa Park was a great night, and the 3-1 win at Leeds earlier. There was something special and intangible about a Cup replay under the lights. You had to be there. I'm glad I was.
  15. We're all very quick on here to criticise ourselves in comparison with other clubs - I wouldn't be surprised if many of those had similar resistence amongst fans. It's not a case of being allowed, we are allowed, some are doing it. But many fans are pragmatic, they understand that actions can have consequences and can assess the liklihood of anything positive coming out of the protests. The idea that we protest, Chansiri puts the club up for sale and a buyer that ticks every box suddenly appears - is too idealistic. Bring solutions, not more problems
  16. No there aren't, nowhere near. Not billionaires in UK £ or US $ anyway.
  17. To the fans suggesting we played better when Windass was on the pitch, I’d point out that since his return we’ve scored five goals. Four were scored after he’s been subbed. That’s a very small sample. Over a season I’d expect Windass to be a positive impact on our results, but we don’t have all season, we have 3 vital games left. The team has been more effective without him, so I’d leave him out of the starting line-up, or start him but sub him at HT if he’s ineffective in the first half on Sunday. I’d start Gassama/Pato and Ugbo in the two wide roles.* I’d start Johnson. Unlike with the two wide attacking roles, we don’t have a good alternative to Johnson at LWB. Therefore he has to play. *that said, I wouldn’t play 3421 or whatever it is. I don’t think our wide forwards offer enough to outweigh the risk of being overrun in midfield and playing Ugbo out of position. Id go 352 so Smith and Ugbo can play together up top, and get that third body in midfield.
  18. Wouldn't even bench em. Put the young uns in. Both don't give a buggery now. get rid.
  19. It seems to me it's as much about how the decision was made as the decision itself. From what I've read, it appears this was some sort of back door deal between the FA and Premier League, with no consultation involving the EFL, National League etc.
  20. It's OK! There's an ex A-shareholder getting "people" together.
  21. I wonder why this line of thinking is so prevalent among Wednesday fans, but doesn't seem to have been such an issue for the likes of Coventry, Blackpool, Manchester United, Charlton, Northampton, Reading etc...who were all able to protest against their owners without having sourced potential buyers for their clubs? A protest registers your displeasure at the current regime, nothing more, nothing less. It's not up to fans to go searching for potential buyers before they're allowed to protest.
  22. It really is, isn't it? This constant dissection of tiny parts of language he's used is just a little weird. This happens after every interview, I'm sure. His second language is English, which is why his sentences or phrasing of things can be a little clumsy.
  23. It couldn't have worked out much better really, could it? Blavdes legend, Chrisseh!
  1. Load more activity