All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That Port Vale owner doesn't seem to know the game though. If they're giving him 5 years then that screams a long term building job on and relegation is factored in surely?. Sacking him this early makes them look more of a fool not DM.
  3. He's already Club President and not that far behind Ryan Reynolds in the net worth stakes.
  4. What has he said about how good he thinks he is?
  5. Absolutely @WimJunk Obviously there's no question that Danny's a much much better manager than Xisco. But the margin might not be as big as the raw stats suggest, and it's arguably a tad disingenuous to trot out those numbers without the relevant context... Of the 8 sides that we've played under both Xisco and Röhl, we had better scorelines with Xisco and his cobbled together last-minute squad 4 times, with Röhl 3 times and the same score once. And it gets more interesting when those results are viewed together... If you draw at home, is a 2-0 away defeat wrong? Probably not (Boro) But drawing at home is arguably a good result against a side that beat you by 3 at their place (Swansea) By the same token, losing by 4 against a side that only beat you by 1 at home is poor (Southampton) And losing by 6 away against a side that beat you by 1 is obviously even worse (Ipswich) Would you expect to win a home game against a team that you lost to at their place if they went down to 10 men in the first half? Probably. But perhaps not with a 4 goal swing between the two games! (Hull) And if two tight games with very few chances are decided by a single goal, the one that goes your way is clearly a better result than the one that goes the other way (Preston). But, is losing 2-1 home worse than losing 2-1 away. Of course it is. (Cardiff). And an away draw is clearly better than a two goal home defeat (Leeds). So it's swings n roundabouts really.
  6. It's not really about how good a player Bannan is. The reality is, he's got a year left as a first team starter of games, be it here or elsewhere. After that, he'll be bit part, or retired. Those who say otherwise are deluded.
  7. A cheeky bid from Robbie Williams?
  8. Surely you're not saying the Scottish Premier League is major.
  9. If I'm "a poster", don't get me wrong, I ran the table predictor to see how results would pan out if we only get 1 win and 2 draws from our remaining games. I believe we MUST win v Blackburn, and preferably one more as I think w1 d2 will probably not be enough... table prediction is just paper work; the results in this league are entirely different
  10. Hasn’t been a good 12 months for him at all. Interesting to see what happens next when PV go down - as now seems pretty likely.
  11. You are not allowed to ask that question. 1 and 1 is the answer btw. He's a good player, just not as good as himself and a lot of our fan base think he is. Therein lies the problem. We need to build a side without him and have done for a number of years.
  12. Find it hard to get excited/enthusiastic about any season where Chansiri is still in charge. It’s all short-termism, no vision nor planning. Just hit and hope.
  13. Fleetwood only other team other than us not to be given a pen this season were given two tonight and missed them both
  14. I think it’s worth remembering that even if DC doesn’t put as much in as he did last time to get out the league (we don’t know this) the money the club generates is sufficient for a top six budget and Plymouth achieved it on less. I think much of the team we would have is better than what we went down with last time with the exception of Windass. But it’s a good proving ground for cademarteri and Phuti et al and we have a goalscorer in smith. Automatic promotion is a grind in any season and to get that Röhl needs to master the ugly side of the game at that level but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t playoffs again. Sunderland didn’t always have a huge budget but typically made top six. Took a while to get out but they focused on a younger team and it has paid off.
  15. I'd hazard a guess we'll fill our squad with 29 year olds. They'll take a year to gel and we'll go up in the second year, as usual. And so, the cycle continues...
  16. Today
  17. It's a big step up, there's not much difference between non league and L2. They'll need to spend to compete in L1. I was going to comment on their squad and the work they need to do, but then I remembered we haven't got a squad, we'd struggle to fill a 5 a side team with who we've got contracted beyond this season....so stones, glass houses etc
  18. Some of the teams we will have to play makes me feel sick. Being in the same league as the likes of Stockport and now Mansfield is embarrassing. Sell up and sod off Chansiri.
  19. Can someone please summarise. I refuse to click on a link to that vile, horrible, racist scum rag.
  20. Interesting when you see the comments from PV fans it’s mainly about a lack of tactical changes and poor subs. Which is something that was raised here but having a better side clearly helped! The fans turned on Moore here after the Pboro first leg and he achieved the impossible to turn the opinion back in another direction. I forgot how bad it was after that defeat.
  21. Although it pains me to say it, one of the few decisions Chancer got right in his time here. But in true Chancer's style he then fizzed it up by employing Xisco
  22. I've never known a manager turn around a fanbase, once they have turned. I suppose if Vale stay up, it's possible....
  23. Fans haven’t been happy there for a while and you’d expect someone with his qualities to have got a bit more from them. It seemed only a week ago that he might have done just that. Needs a big swing now. A five year contract means nowt as if he leaves he will maybe get a few months pay. If they stick with him though and let him recruit you could see them being strong in L2 and he could have success. Just a huge drop from being considered a championship manager to now needing to perform in L2.
  1. Load more activity