All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. must win but please Danny, don't go gung ho like last match ffs
  3. You are doing well. Keep taking the tablets ! Being an optimistic Owl is not a natural state.
  4. Has anyone said ‘today is a free hit’ !! 2-0 Wednesday UTO
  5. I'm sure it was Swansea on the Saturday and then Liverpool on the Tuesday. I remember a photo of Dave Barber in the blizzard after the Swansea game struggling to do something (God knows what in these conditions!) to try and get the pitch ready for Liverpool.
  6. Obviously Röhl really doesn’t rate Gregory or Hendrick. Gregory especially should have been loaned out in January and replaced.
  7. I'm really nervous, it technically isn't but it feels like a must-win game to me today, if we lose ground on the others it's going to be difficult to make it up with matches running out. Can see Huddersfield and Stoke getting something, and with QPR playing Birmingham one or both are picking up points. I'd take the scrappiest 1-0 win ever, but I've got a bad feeling...
  8. Getting nervous now. What team are we going to hear at 2pm? I want to hear Bannan, not Momo, not Hendrick.
  9. Was it really Liverpool next? What a match and what an atmosphere for that one. And of course in those days the League Cup was massive and rotation was for crops and helicopters.
  10. I hate international break weekends when there is no football on, but now it's back, I'd rather it wasn't! Nervous about today. Should be able to get a win, but need our players on top form
  11. Yeah, I can't remember many names, I have the programme somewhere, but definitely Dalglish and Beardsley were on the list but pulled out. Wright was funny, did everything but score with Turner playing a blinder, he went off after being foiled again after Waddle split the (his own!) defence with a perfect through ball.
  12. My school were sent free tickets this last week (which never usually happens). I'm presuming that's city wide so expect lots of schools to have received them. Maybe 5000 sent to schools?
  13. Was it still used for home fans as late as that? I started going in 80/81 and sat in the middle of the upper West, and had my first ST in there in 81/82, but we moved to the North Stand for the 82/83 season so I always assumed that was when it went away only. Seems weird now to think that in that era of hooliganism home and away fans sat together but it was generally OK with small away followings although this 9-10 year old was somewhat terrified when Newcastle and Chelsea came and filled it. Think Norwich were the only other side that filled it in those couple of seasons but they were happy as even though we won on the final day (and the last time I was in that stand) they got promoted. I remember that Swansea 6-1 game well, not just for the novelty weather and the goals but it was the sparsest Kop I've ever seen, usually even when it was a low gate there were fans spread all over so it looked fairly full but on that day there literally just a hardy 1-2k at most all huddled together in the centre with the sides empty. In contrast the next home game was the League Cup QF against Liverpool which was the most rammed Kop I've ever seen.
  14. 13:00 SOUTH EE & KK on sale so it's all gone to pot NORTH 3 SOUTH 405 GRANDSTAND 156 KOP 2069 TOTAL REMAINING 2633
  15. Only lost 1 in last 5 games.. I believe..will be tricky..
  16. Normally I would say yes, but I have placed a bet on us, Coventry and Preston all winning, so I have pretty much ruined it for us.
  17. . I. deliberately hid the training top motif to make it harder. This is a recent picture at his current club
  18. If we CAN help ourselves, we WONT help ourselves. Always been the same.
  19. I know we all think it's a must win. I expect Danny and the players know that. I'm just a bit worried that no one has told Swansea! UTO
  1. Load more activity