All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Even if he didn't realise that, it would have made more sense to just catch it and concede an indirect free kick. Maybe even just make an attempt to clear it rather than shepherd it into his own goal Hopefully the WBA and Sunderland keepers are just as slack
  3. I’m not sure of the facts you refer to. But yea, sure. Can’t disagree. If you do, you get called a hater and get told to fück off back under your stone.
  4. Still need to bring more through the system. But at least we're competitive at these levels over the past 5yrs or so.
  5. Got an Owls number plate.Once stopped at a set of traffic lights on a dual carriageway only to find Sean Bean next to me winding down his window and giving me the V sign. Typical Blade lowlife!!
  6. I dread to think what will happen when our luck runs out.
  7. Just had a look back at the ‘Let’s Get The Play Off Semi-Final 2nd Leg Sold out’ thread and there was 1220 listed when LL had gone on sale. So around that I imagine? That’s a great thread actually after the Friday night at Peterborough
  8. As you mention it's all about the social media gratification for these idiots and younger people in wider society as a whole. Kids desperate for that 5 minutes of fame on Twitter, Tik Tok or Facebook. No consideration for fellow Wednesday fans or any poor sod unlucky enough to be on their train. Similar thing with letting off pyros at half time on the concourses - sea of phones in the air with scarfs over their mouth cos they can't breathe! Maybe I'm just too old now but I don't get it - surely there are better ways to create an atmosphere than extinguishing a train conductor?
  9. When your needing a help in hand am influential figure to make the difference and push us forward. upsteps dom f£&)&)(g howsom, we would have better getting Kevin Webster from corrie to send his starting line up direct to Röhl
  10. BoyWonder Boy ur a pessimist bud. OK let's just win next 2 games. I concede......!!
  11. Players these days are fitter - undeniable We have the data The modern player plays for much longer periods at a much higher intensity - again, we have data However, that doesn't mean it's due to some genetic quirks of today's players and there's no reason the majority of players from other eras wouldn't adapt given today's methods and knowledge
  12. If they draw, the play-off position of our next opponents will be mathematically confirmed (albeit their superior goal difference means it pretty much is anyway). no it won’t!!!!!!! you forgot to add the point in they’d get from the draw End of thread!
  13. They won’t listen to me George. I can’t stand the tw@ts. I was one of the very few on here wanting Man Utd to win the semi-final.
  14. Yes I corrected myself further up this thread, the attempted clearance resets the back pass rule.. I am amazed that a goalkeeper doesn't know the rules, especially in the area where he plays. The referee talking to him makes sense now, he clearly says "if that happens" to let him know he could have just picked the ball up.
  15. areNOTwhatTHEYseem Yes fair point bud. Windass + Marv were up for the Blackburn game thank goodness. Just wish Windass was contributed more this season. But accept he can produce a one off winning shot. Marv so much better than his previous 5 games. Let's hope he performs like that next 2 games then eh.
  16. "Speaking on talkSPORT, the midfielder said: “He’s been brilliant. I think what came across and struck the players so much was his confidence and his belief in the group to get us out of the situation that we found ourselves in. “I know sometimes managers can come in and say things, but you could feel that he genuinely believed he could help us survive this season. And then adding to that, tactically on the training ground and the work that he’s put in, and the way he studied on teams and their weaknesses has been brilliant for us.” https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/news/the-brilliant-things-that-danny-Röhl-has-done-that-has-struck-sheffield-wednesday/
  17. Yeah, as others have said because he attempted to clear it and messed up he could have just picked it up. We'd have gone ballistic but fortunately his knowledge of the rules is similar to the average fan it seems. I guess a keeper could pretend to clear it and mess up on purpose but that has a high chance of going wrong.
  18. Why change anything i would play johnson as left wing bk again with pol other side
  19. As per FA rules as below https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences: controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it touches the ball with the hand/arm after releasing it and before it has touched another player touches the ball with the hand/arm, <b> unless the goalkeeper has clearly kicked or attempted to kick the ball to release it into play </b> after: it has been deliberately kicked to the goalkeeper by a team-mate receiving it directly from a throw-in taken by a team-mate I think we can all agree he tried to kick the ball to release into play. So no free kick if he simply picked it out of the air.
  1. Load more activity