All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. i think he will honour his two year contract, he is loved here and the players have bought into his style (although many will leave), he has his own staff- just need DC to back him
  3. Do you know if Dawes and Rodrigues are injured or been out of favour?
  4. He's still in contract so cannot simply walk out and go into another job The only way he leaves is on DC's terms which will either be the sack (can't see that happening) or if another club pays what is likely to be a large compensation deal Personally think there is as much chance of a new contract in the summer as there is of him leaving
  5. He will probably be here next season then leave in like September to a job he can't refuse leaving us in a big hole. I think there's a huge chance he could leave at any point during the next season or the summer.
  6. Agreed, but to build you need the tools. Röhl will provide the plans, the rest sadly is down to the man who will decide whether or not it can go ahead. That’s where I worry.
  7. Hear ya, I'm in NZ and it's either 4am or 2am
  8. Good on Joe. Currently in joint 1st place for the L1 Golden Boot. Showed courage in rejecting a new deal here IMO. "Sheffield Wednesday fans will remember well. The Sheffield-born stopped is another who rose through the ranks in S6 and into the first-team, eventually making 88 total first-team appearances for Sheffield Wednesday. But after featuring just three times in the 2021/22 League One season, Wildsmith would leave Wednesday as a free agent after rejecting a new contract offer. He then joined Derby County and went on to feature 46 times in League One last season, and 39 times this season where he’s recorded a staggering 19 clean sheets." https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/news/former-sheffield-wednesday-goalkeeper-now-eyeing-golden-glove-award-in-the-efl/
  9. Danny's future will be dependant on how discussions unfold with Chansiri. That will be the stumbling block, I PRAY that he listens and trusts in Danny's plan.
  10. Unless you are Grbic he looks really poo in a poo side
  11. Darren Moore was (is) a decent man but it still ended sourly . Danny is a decent man, it could still end sourly. No one knows. I'd like to think a win on Saturday and 30,000 singing his name would persuade Danny to stay but we all know that money talks. AND, in this case, a complete change of attitude by our owner, investing in what Danny wants and freeing him to bring success. Still, whatever happens, we should all belt out "Danny , Danny Röhl " as often and as loud as possible. It could just contribute to saving our club, it's that important and the only thing we, as fans, can do. Up the Owls.
  12. Very impressive.I can't see how that level of support can't help the team, it's impossible not to.
  13. I would never count my chickens, when it comes to football, or any job really. If someone comes up with more wages and a decent transfer budget, Röhl will probably be off.
  14. Like 99% of other people , wafted a big cheque in front of his face and he will be off. I remember people saying how they believed Steve Bruce had morals and wanted to see the job through here at Wednesday when rumours of Newcastle interests first started.
  15. I think in my lifetime, Wilkinson and Charlton did 5 years. I doubt we'll see a Wednesday manager do 5 years again. It's better to accept that managers and players are just passing through and football quickly moves on. Darren Moore's spell already seems an age ago.
  16. I don't think anyone would disagree that Danny Rhol has done a good job and will want him to still be here next season. But no one is ever irreplaceable.
  17. To be fair to the OP he is correct but stating the obvious. The crux of the matter has always been about this once the season is decided. Röhl will have suitors I’m sure, but it will depend on what DC thinks sadly, and that’s where it could / most likely will go ******** up. Ive seen nothing from him in 8 years or so to suggest he will do anything but the basics, apart from his 2nd year where he had a brain fart and we nearly went up. It will come down to money, and how much he values rholl.
  18. If we dunt win satdi we can forget about automatic promotion
  19. Ever been in the position of ‘being so tired, that you can’t sleep’? In relation to football and scoring, that’s where Fletcher is.
  1. Load more activity