All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. For my first ever Wednesday I game was in the West Stand upper, v Southampton in 1985. Have vague memories but pretty sure this was for home fans at the time. Was this always the case for 'smaller' fixtures back then?
  3. This is why in the OP I put "the games over". Not just this, in every respect, and it's a shame. To add to the Arsenal memories, the Palace 2nd replay at Villa Park was a great night, and the 3-1 win at Leeds earlier. There was something special and intangible about a Cup replay under the lights. You had to be there. I'm glad I was.
  4. We're all very quick on here to criticise ourselves in comparison with other clubs - I wouldn't be surprised if many of those had similar resistence amongst fans. It's not a case of being allowed, we are allowed, some are doing it. But many fans are pragmatic, they understand that actions can have consequences and can assess the liklihood of anything positive coming out of the protests. The idea that we protest, Chansiri puts the club up for sale and a buyer that ticks every box suddenly appears - is too idealistic. Bring solutions, not more problems
  5. No there aren't, nowhere near. Not billionaires in UK £ or US $ anyway.
  6. To the fans suggesting we played better when Windass was on the pitch, I’d point out that since his return we’ve scored five goals. Four were scored after he’s been subbed. That’s a very small sample. Over a season I’d expect Windass to be a positive impact on our results, but we don’t have all season, we have 3 vital games left. The team has been more effective without him, so I’d leave him out of the starting line-up, or start him but sub him at HT if he’s ineffective in the first half on Sunday. I’d start Gassama/Pato and Ugbo in the two wide roles.* I’d start Johnson. Unlike with the two wide attacking roles, we don’t have a good alternative to Johnson at LWB. Therefore he has to play. *that said, I wouldn’t play 3421 or whatever it is. I don’t think our wide forwards offer enough to outweigh the risk of being overrun in midfield and playing Ugbo out of position. Id go 352 so Smith and Ugbo can play together up top, and get that third body in midfield.
  7. Wouldn't even bench em. Put the young uns in. Both don't give a buggery now. get rid.
  8. It seems to me it's as much about how the decision was made as the decision itself. From what I've read, it appears this was some sort of back door deal between the FA and Premier League, with no consultation involving the EFL, National League etc.
  9. It's OK! There's an ex A-shareholder getting "people" together.
  10. I wonder why this line of thinking is so prevalent among Wednesday fans, but doesn't seem to have been such an issue for the likes of Coventry, Blackpool, Manchester United, Charlton, Northampton, Reading etc...who were all able to protest against their owners without having sourced potential buyers for their clubs? A protest registers your displeasure at the current regime, nothing more, nothing less. It's not up to fans to go searching for potential buyers before they're allowed to protest.
  11. It really is, isn't it? This constant dissection of tiny parts of language he's used is just a little weird. This happens after every interview, I'm sure. His second language is English, which is why his sentences or phrasing of things can be a little clumsy.
  12. It couldn't have worked out much better really, could it? Blavdes legend, Chrisseh!
  13. Great, we'll get behind you then. I look forward to the paper.
  14. Looks like the new homeless shelter on limb lane is taking it's first customers
  15. A list? No, just one person to say they're interested who we can get behind
  16. Two of my biggest memories watching Wednesday are beating Palace at Villa Park in a second replay and the 5 games v Arsenal. Utter disgrace what they’ve done to the tournament.
  17. Where am I suggesting they start? I’m responding to a post suggesting they should be on the bench because of their attitude and questioning if being on the bench will improve their attitude.
  18. If anyone had 1 or 2 spare who can’t make it will gladly take them thanks can meet at ground or collect before
  19. So what you’re saying is fans need to be provided with a list of potential new owners from the thousands of business men and women across the world who have the finances to buy a football club prior to deciding whether or not they want to protest? Ok then.
  20. Today
  21. So sorry for your loss, to your family and friends, my sincere thoughts.
  22. I think straight to penalties might favour 'lesser' sides. They often come close in the first game and then get hammered in the reply. Taking penalties is more of a leveller than another game.
  1. Load more activity