All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Kind of agree with you to be fair. I thought the same, as we near to the end of it, it does now come down to the final 2 games, as you say. But, it does help when people suggest this game is the make or break or that game is. It showed that even when we lost, it wasn't all over and we were still on course to survive as we are now. Of course nothing is guaranteed in football. Remember, at the outset we just needed to ensure that we were picking up points at a rate of 0.5 or more which this has demonstrated we have been doing, even if we still fall short it will be because over the 15 game run in we didn't end up doing so.
  3. I reckon we will get an extra 700 or so in the lower LL.
  4. Aynsley Pears? Scored more than that other fella anyway
  5. If we beat WBA and Huddersfield lose against Brum, we wouldn't have inferior GD.
  6. S6 sell-out for Baggies clash! The Owls’ clash with West Brom on Saturday at Hillsborough is a sell-out! This weekend is our final home game of the 2023/24 campaign. Danny Röhl and his squad will be looking to round off our S6 fixture schedule on a high with another crucial victory in the quest for Championship survival against the Baggies. Wednesday climbed out of the relegation zone on Sunday afternoon with a 3-1 victory over Blackburn at Ewood Park, backed by a capacity 7,000+ following in Lancashire. Now the Owls will return to Hillsborough on Saturday and face the Baggies with a bumper crowd behind the boys all the way! The club have been in discussions with the local Safety Advisory Group since last week regarding the additional release of tickets and will provide an update in due course. Thank you for your superb support!
  7. I've always viewed us as a top 20 club. In terms of historic attendances, trophys won, league placings and tradition the various internet sites still place us thereabouts in a table of the last 140 years. Certainly until the last 20 years of foreign money (which skewed things massively) that's where we should be. It's not entitlement it's just how I view it. The last 25 years have been by far the worst period in our history, but our fans have been outstanding throughout..
  8. As per recent club statement: ‘The club have been in discussions with the local Safety Advisory Group since last week regarding the additional release of tickets and will provide an update in due course.’
  9. From Football 365s winners and losers column. Chris Wilder “There is the narrative of Sheffield United being the worst team in the world. Burnley, we are all waiting for them to kick in and everything happens with them,” said Wilder in early March. No-one can say the Blades have not done their utmost in pushing their promoted brethren on across two games in which they have conceded nine goals scored by eight different players. Wilder “won’t name names” but wanted us to know that “there were a few players out there that wanted to get out of there pretty quickly after the fourth went in” at home to the Clarets. There were more defamatory, damaging comments made over the weekend yet one of the worst managers in Premier League history is in no place to throw around such accusations. It is no way to gain trust in a squad ahead of a Championship season, particularly considering he has failed miserably in his last two assignments at that level. The Blades have strolled past the Derby points mark but are within touching distance of another long-standing Rams record: the most goals conceded in a 38-game Premier League season (89). All they need is a clean sheet in each of their remaining five games to avoid equalling it. How unfortunate that as fast as Sheffield United are going down, Ivo Grbic takes an absolute age to accomplish the same feat.
  10. It's like a motorists' version of signing a register.
  11. i think only 2 games will be live on the final day? So likely to be leeds v saints, brum v norwich or ipswich v hudds, or even leicester v blackburn. All depends where we're at with automatic promotion playoff race and relegation
  12. Not in this case because the day and kick off time won't change.
  13. Atkinson Carlos (Season 1 & 2) Röhl Honorable mentions for Big Jack, Wilko, Moore, Sturrock, Francis and Laws
  14. "Remarkably it was the first time Sheffield United had conceded four goals in a game all season; if, that is, you were prepared to disregard the 8-0, the 6-0 and the four 5-0s."
  15. No because it'll be on Sky I imagine as even if results go our way and we win on Saturday it will go down to the last game, we might not be the main game but one of the sky sports channels will have it on.
  16. Absolutely, if it's on Sky, it won't be on ifollow
  17. Does it depend on whether we get selected for Sky?
  18. If we do stay up I think Chansiri has got out of jail really. The feel good factor of a great escape will cloud and mask his poor running of the club.
  19. Should be, as it's not subject to the 3pm blackout rule
  20. Aren’t you supposed to receive presents when it’s your birthday, rather than give them out?
  21. That to me suggests we'd walk league 1 next season if we went down and if we stay up even with a modest budget we would finish midtable. DRs ability to out coach similar level teams/managers has been proven. I think thays why this season feels even more important. If DC can somehow stay quiet, back Danny as much as he can (mid table budget) and just run the club averagely then we have a chance to progress here. Big if though
  22. Does anyone know if the Sunderland game is likely to be watchable on ifollow?
  23. As if it does, it's not like im saying we should be top 6 in the top league. My personal view is a club our size and support should be finishing in the top 26 league positions in english football.
  24. To me we seem to have pretty much pro rata population wise match day support as any other club including the Blunts. However we seem to excell pulling in extra thousands of support when needed, during the one off big games. Thats where we seem to be better than most clubs with a foundation of support Un**ed don't have. UTO.
  1. Load more activity