Its all so quiet...

There are more than three people who have posted in this thread (in arguably the/one of the least active sub forums on this site).

Plus: If Wednesdayite actually communicated the issue properly (or communicated at all) there might be more people interested/worried.

But it is more convenient to ignore it and brush it under the carpet, of course.

However, it doesn't matter if no-one, one person or a million are interested, if something is wrong then something is wrong...

And if there is what are you going to do about it? Because this approach is achieving nothing.

My guess is nothing other than further posts in this thread

And what is wrong with this approach? Opening the discussion? Engaging the subject? We're onto 16 pages, so it must be fairly interesting to some (including, it seems, you).

Isn't that what a forum is for and about? Should we all have to 'do something' and 'achieve something' when Wednesday underperform on the pitch, or shall we continue to discuss it in the relevant section of the forum as usual?

Ironic, isn't it?

As an aside; I bet this thread would have been done and dusted months ago if Wednesdayite actually posted on here and sensibly discussed it/communicated.

Certainly needs dusting..its f.ookin' ancient...Thank f.ook the vote on assisted suicide is loomin'....Yes for for this thread...an'I'm a Catholic!

Guest Deleted member

Just spotted this in the latest newsletter

We have also agreed to use the legacy funds from the IPS to help the Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme, We have given them a total of £10.000 (slightly more than the legacy funds)we have funded new laptops and supporting their BTEC programme. A formal presentation of these funds will take place at the Derby County game at half time on the pitch.

Just come across this after the conversation in the Santa Hats thread:

post-1933-0-42790300-1451495866_thumb.jp

Which brought me to this:

Just spotted this in the latest newsletter

We have also agreed to use the legacy funds from the IPS to help the Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme, We have given them a total of £10.000 (slightly more than the legacy funds)we have funded new laptops and supporting their BTEC programme. A formal presentation of these funds will take place at the Derby County game at half time on the pitch.

So, quick question: Why the disparity between the c.£30k talked about initially and the £10k donated?

Edited by Deejayone

Guest Deleted member

following legal advice Wednesdayite were able to transfer the legacy funds of circa 30k from the closure of the previous organisational structure. When a business is closed it is often the case that funds held are used to settle creditors etc.

Part of the 30k were funds held on behalf of WTID, and the circa 10k funds that were in the bank at the time of closure of the IPS. Anything additional was funds accumulated following that date.

Nobody at Wednesdayite has done anything fraudulent, nobody at Wednesdayite has misappropriated any funds, and nobody at Wednesdayite has done anything financially without ensuring the correct legal advice was followed and recorded.

And that really is end of discussion now. I don't like my friends morals being questioned by someone like you

Edited by Deleted member

"Someone like you"  :biggrin:

You really are taking this personally, aren't you? God knows why.

In any case, thanks for the clarification. Thats all I was after and what you have said makes sense.

For the record I wasn't insinuating any of your paranoid points in my question about it, that is a leap you have made yourself, I was just asking for clarification on the disparity.

(I also understand that all funds for WTID were returned some time ago)

Haven't been in here for ages but yes they were and either paid back to the contributor but the majority went to charity.