croftys owls

hi , just joined , i aint been to an owls game for yrs unfortunately , but i never ever used to miss , home or away ..... used to go with wilf crofts either from bradfield rd wmc or top of commercial st ..... anyone know if hes still in spain etc , did you used to go with him .... many names & faces i remember , was brill back in them days (up to about '94) we even took our own coach to spora luxembourg & kaiserslautern in uefa .... BRILL

anyone else go with wilf back then plz reply thx

I used to go on croftys coach all the time in the early nineties. Good good times!!!!! Diamond travel coach.

Went to the 93 FA cup final and the bugger broke down on the M1. 52 Wednesday fans hitching lifts from the hard shoulder. Cars were pulling over from the fast lane in droves to pick us all up.

Last i heard he was running a bar in Tenerife between Los Christianos and Americas.

Been over a couple times on holiday in the last few years and have made a point of going to his bar both times but its always been closed so i aint got a clue whether he`s still over there or not.

I used to go on croftys coach all the time in the early nineties. Good good times!!!!! Diamond travel coach.

Went to the 93 FA cup final and the bugger broke down on the M1. 52 Wednesday fans hitching lifts from the hard shoulder. Cars were pulling over from the fast lane in droves to pick us all up.

Last i heard he was running a bar in Tenerife between Los Christianos and Americas.

Been over a couple times on holiday in the last few years and have made a point of going to his bar both times but its always been closed so i aint got a clue whether he`s still over there or not.

yep i was on the other un i think

Guest davekowl

Crofty is still in Tenerife and came over towards the end of last season. As far as I know he is selling sports shirts to anyone who will buy one and is making a very good living.Still a big critic of the owls but a Wednesdayite thro and thro.

Guest davekowl

Croftys coming over for the derby match if anyones interested. He should be found somewhere near Hillsborough Corner before and after the game.

Guest davekowl

Seen Crofty in Hillsborough Club (Bradfield Road) before derby game He's over for 11 days to fit in as many Owls games as he can. He's finished his book and is trying to get it published.He recons he's got a good chance.Should make a good read.

Guest crofty in tenerife

I've been to his bar.seriously!The Yorkshire Owl - in Tenerife, near Playa De Las Americas!

See you in Bradfield Road Club before West Brom game, over until Donny match. Selling the book i've written.

berty, my dad was having a look on here and noticed this thread. He says he went on Croftys coach a few times, his names Gary Beatson, used to go to the games with Bill Naylor if you know either of them...

Guest davekowl

Saw Crofty in Bradfield Road Club . Bought a copy of his book. Its a very good read and all proceeds go to the Sheffield Childrens Hospital. He 'll be in again V Reading . At £6-50 its a good buy......

Guest crofty in tenerife

Saw Crofty in Bradfield Road Club . Bought a copy of his book. Its a very good read and all proceeds go to the Sheffield Childrens Hospital. He 'll be in again V Reading . At £6-50 its a good buy......

Cheers Dave got a few places to sell it when it finally gets here.

Guest crofty in tenerife

Will it be available at the Swansea or Newcastle games?Want it for my hollybobs :rolleyes:

Only on sale at the Java Lounge on (Hillsborough Corner) and The Travellers (Wadsley Bridge) Wheenies gaff, until the rest arrive next week.

Guest crofty in tenerife

currently reading the book now. good read for the more mature wednesdayite

Cheers, most Wednesdayites are mature we've aged so much over the years watching 'em.

Guest crofty in tenerife

Cheers, most Wednesdayites are mature we've aged so much over the years watching 'em.

Books on sale on ebay uk under sheffield wednesday book, £1 extra for postage or at

Java Lounge (hillsborough corner)

Corner News (opposite hillsborough co-op)

Hillsborough Club (bradfield road)

New Barrack Tavern (tailtone road)

Travellers (wadsley bridge)

wee wee tail Inn (oughtibridge)

Hello mate,

I went to The Corner Shop in Hillsborough before Christmas and asked for the book and he said to me 'I only have this one copy I was sent'.

He let me buy his one and only used copy for the cover price which I was happy to pay as I'd had my mate go round looking for you on the Kop at half time for both matches you said you were over but he couldn't find you :angry:

Are you now saying The Corner Shop has a supply?

Guest crofty in tenerife

Hello mate,

I went to The Corner Shop in Hillsborough before Christmas and asked for the book and he said to me 'I only have this one copy I was sent'.

He let me buy his one and only used copy for the cover price which I was happy to pay as I'd had my mate go round looking for you on the Kop at half time for both matches you said you were over but he couldn't find you :angry:

Are you now saying The Corner Shop has a supply?

Yeh, finally arrived ealier this week, been a nightmare getting them over. My mate dropped a box of 40 off on Tuesday. See you for derby game in April. Cheers Crofty.