An Owl who has actually been tonight

First half was a typical Wednesday first half. Very little happened. Couple of well worked chances sent wide.We looked reasonably comfortable except for long balls and crosses. They scored a after some pressure through cross and us not clearing.

After half time it was pretty awful. We were pressing on but not creating anything and we got picked off twice on the break. Abdi is not a partner for Bannan. We were wide open. Bolton were pretty bad but they were still better than us. 

And then.... I don't know if it was subs or they got knackered but we absolutely bulleted them for the last 20 minutes. Scored 2 out of 5 good chances.

The Carlos stuff was too far away to see properly but he was clearly pissed off and getting manhandled anout.

2 more points. Some of our fans have lost perspective. 1 idiot dragged his daughter out after an hour screaming about fxxxing Carlos. It was pretty poisonous 2bd half until the first goal. 

Bolton. WTF. Just promoted and they get 3700 against our 2600. Pathetic tinpot support and crap soulless ground.

MoM Rhodes for the goals

Wallace was awful and I'm a fan

Wildsmith......

Only thing I disagree with is the first half.

i thought if they had a bit more quality they could have hurt us more. They destroyed us with pace and directness by running at us around the back and showed much more urgency

I agree because their final ball or finishing was poor it made us look more comftable that what it appeared but a better team would have took better advantage having penetrated our back line and getting balls into the box.

how we can nearly outnumber an home team at this level on a Tuesday now night was a joke.

their fans made it feel like an under 21 atmosphere 

I've been and it was fkn awful until we were 3 down

Wildsmith was appalling

Tom lees distribution was embarrassing

Abdi blowing out his are all game showed nothing

FF clearly not arsed

Winnall completely ineffective..get rid imo

Rhodes isolated until big Dave came on...then scored twice

Worst game I've ever seen Wallace have

Bannan poor and too deep again

Starting eleven only pudil, reach and Rhodes can take any credit

Positivea for me were Dave, Matias and joao who all looked up for it at least

As for Carlos I think the pressure is telling...and rightly so we should have smashed them with that team... Something's not reyt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

i thought if they had a bit more quality they could have hurt us more. They destroyed us with pace and directness by running at us around the back and showed much more urgency

I agree because their final ball or finishing was poor it made us look more comftable that what it appeared but a better team would have took better advantage having penetrated our back line and getting balls into the box.

how we can nearly outnumber an home team at this level on a Tuesday now night was a joke.

I thought we looked ok at first but when they were able to get balls in and around the box it was different.

They seem like a club on the way down rather than up.

5 minutes ago, Bez said:

Disagree. We were the better team and played nice footy. Created chances against a defensive team but didn't put many away. 

They did very little beyond set pieces 

Go away pig fan

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

I've been and it was fkn awful until we were 3 down

Wildsmith was appalling

Tom lees distribution was embarrassing

Abdi blowing out his are all game showed nothing

FF clearly not arsed

Winnall completely ineffective..get rid imo

Rhodes isolated until big Dave came on...then scored twice

Worst game I've ever seen Wallace have

Bannan poor and too deep again

Starting eleven only pudil, reach and Rhodes can take any credit

Positivea for me were Dave, Matias and joao who all looked up for it at least

As for Carlos I think the pressure is telling...and rightly so we should have smashed them with that team... Something's not reyt

Perhaps the most startling thing tonight hammered home for me. 

Somethings definitely not reyt.

24 minutes ago, fpowl said:

You astonish me prof Peabody !

5 minutes ago, leetheowl said:

I was there tonight.

Wish I hadn't gone.

Apart from the last 15 minutes it was dire. Not as bad as Preston, but dire nonetheless.

Carlos is a lovely guy but I think he's run out of ideas. Hope he proves me wrong.

Didn't go to Preston but if it was worse than that first 70 mins then he has to go 

1 hour ago, station road owl said:

we walked out after 3rd goal, was an utter disgrace and a spineless performance from every single player.

I wouldn't have kept carlos on in the summer and at the minute he's doing nothing to prove me wrong.

things defiantly need a MASSIVE improvement 

Different outlook for the last 15 minutes when Dave and Joao came on but overall it was poor. Carlos has no clue what his preferred team is.