Just got back

I live in Bolton. 

Good peformance. Should have smashed them but they took advantage of terrible Wildsmith and poor Palmer. 

Abdi awful too.  They cut out our crossing ability and we didn't make use of the centre of the pitch. 

Matias is a much needed player. Runs at people and takes them on. 

16 minutes ago, Bez said:

I live in Bolton. 

Good peformance. Should have smashed them but they took advantage of terrible Wildsmith and poor Palmer. 

Abdi awful too.  They cut out our crossing ability and we didn't make use of the centre of the pitch. 

Cheers for that.

As someone who's been to the game, would you say we are setting up incorrectly or are the players not putting a good enough shift in to get something out of the games?

Can't disagree with much of that.

Much too lethargic until the changes and a lot of that was down to Forestierri and Abdi, both shocking. 

Lees awful distribution, backing off all the time and this made their build up play for the pen painfully easy.

Wildsnith is awful, Dawson as I've said previously is a much better all round keeper.

3 subs all did well, aside from

Nuhiu miss, and helped change the game. However the stupid tackle from Bannan killed off our hopes. Carlos should be retaining some restraint too but well within his rights to tell the steward to get fcked.

Finally, I've made my opinion clear on Rhodes before but nice to see him get a couple even if his first was a little fortunate. I maintain my opinion though that his all round play isn't good enough and his involvement at the expense of others would be at the detriment to our team. I do now think he's a better option that Winnall though who's first touch tonight was abysmal 

Edited by Ash76

Just on the way back and can't agree with any of that other than Mathias. 

We had had no urgency about us at all until Forestieri went of the field. The attitude of the players and body language was all wrong. 

Wildsmith beat at his near post for the first he was rash for the second. But FF lost the ball for both 2nd and 3rd goal far too cheapily.

Palmer was shocking, Lees distribution was terrible couldn't pass it 5 yards. Ross Wallace was none existent, Winnall first touch was embarrassing. 

If people think that was a good performance i worry. The two goals glossed over a awful performance. 

Guest We Shall Overcome
34 minutes ago, Bez said:

I would play him over FF. This league needs direct players and he is it!

"No wonder fans are laughed at by the professionals with statements like that".PS Mathias will be injured before Saturday anyway.

50 minutes ago, Bez said:

I live in Bolton. 

Fake

1 hour ago, owl84 said:

Just on the way back and can't agree with any of that other than Mathias. 

We had had no urgency about us at all until Forestieri went of the field. The attitude of the players and body language was all wrong. 

Wildsmith beat at his near post for the first he was rash for the second. But FF lost the ball for both 2nd and 3rd goal far too cheapily.

Palmer was shocking, Lees distribution was terrible couldn't pass it 5 yards. Ross Wallace was none existent, Winnall first touch was embarrassing. 

If people think that was a good performance i worry. The two goals glossed over a awful performance. 

It just isn't important to the club. This cup, I mean. It's the same every year.

50 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Cheers for that.

As someone who's been to the game, would you say we are setting up incorrectly or are the players not putting a good enough shift in to get something out of the games?

Other teams know how we play so set up accordingly. That hurts us. 

We arent quick to exploit the space they give us. Today they left the middle open but we didn't take advantage for 60 mins. 

We played well but poor touches from strikers let us down.  

FF is getting marked out of games but we don't exploit the space this creates by lifting it in behind. 

Saying all that, we were the better team and with Hunt and Westwood we would have won.