Im here to whinge and im here to stay

I don't wanna be accused of hiding, so just thought id make my point.

Ultimately we have only lost once on what was a poor opening day. We have improved each game as have certain players.

Will we get in top 6 over the course of the season?

With players like Reach and Jones playing most games with Hunt and Pudil at full backs most of the time

Without any directness or pace or an out ball going forward, someone who can break lines out of nothing against the top side

With too many strikers who will get 12/13 instead of 22/23, none of whom will ever get a run due to the amount of strikers we have in the side. 

Without an anchor in the midfield for at least half of the season

Without a top centre half next to Lees

When we will probably play flat 4-4-2 even against good sides with 3 good midfielders when our two are a physically weak Jones and Bannan

Personally, I don't think we will break the top 6 without a change in formation or players at the club.

Hopefully after the win we can go on a good run, id love to be proved wrong. Think between 8-11 is where we will finish.  

8 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Ultimately we have only lost once on what was a poor opening day. We have improved each game as have certain players.

With players like Reach and Jones playing most games with Hunt and Pudil at full backs most of the time

Without any directness or pace or an out ball going forward, someone who can break lines out of nothing against the top side

With too many strikers who will get 12/13 instead of 22/23, none of whom will ever get a run due to the amount of strikers we have in the side. 

When we will probably play flat 4-4-2 even against good sides with 3 good midfielders when our two are a physically weak Jones and Bannan

Personally, I don't think we will break the top 6 without a change in formation or players at the club.

Hopefully after the win we can go on a good run, id love to be proved wrong. Think between 8-11 is where we will finish.  

Bacon prat

Just now, MallorcaOwl said:

I have read it. It's pointless

:columbo:

Is it though...

Tp disagree fine, to come here and say i have made zero relevant or worthwhile points is complete idiocy.

Argue against my points man, tell me Jones is good enough to play anchor in Hutch's absence

Convince me that the full backs are adequate enough.

Tell me why you wouldn't trade in 3 or 4 of our strikers for 1 that will score 20 goals

Tell me the way we play is effective enough to not need an out ball occasionally with some pace, especially against good teams

Im all ears 

Just now, Fibonacci91 said:

Ye but he also assured us he will mainly play a flat 4-4-2 as this is our main formation.

What he says and what he does can often be different

We changed from a flat 442 formation during the game v Fulham and won

Would suggest to me Carlos is pragmatic, as I guess all managers need to be

Just now, owlandished said:

What he says and what he does can often be different

We changed from a flat 442 formation during the game v Fulham and won

Would suggest to me Carlos is pragmatic, as I guess all managers need to be

Fair point but I dont think we can afford to play 4-4-2 and have to change all the time. He should recognise our most effective formation is not a flat 4-4-2 as opposed to trying it in the hope that it works but being willing to change it half way through if it doesnt.

Our forwards have got at least 60 goals a season in them, but they don't/won't score that many because of their deployment.

The real problem we have is that, with the exception of Lees, our defenders are not of the same quality as our forwards. That's why Carlos plays pragmatically and covers up. The irony is that we've got one of the best forward lines in the league, but can't fully use it because of our defence.

21 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Will we make top six this season?  Too early to say.  My gut feeling is yes, whether that is with or without Carlos.  I think this is the season where DC may pull the trigger if we don't look like competing.  

Reach is underrated.  He works hard and shows flashes of quality.  He's a steady player and one who I suspect is affected by confidence.  Word for word how I would describe Jones as well.

Hunt is a good and solid player and so is Pudil.  I will concede the point that our full back positions are probably our weakest though.

Every one of our four primary strikers could tear this division a new a**hole.  Winnall, Rhodes, Hooper and Fletcher are all top players in this division and would walk into many starting 11's.  

We don't need an anchor in midfield.  It's been clear as day since Hull that we need an athletic box-to-box midfielder.  

I agree we need a top centre back to partner Lees.  

Formation doesn't matter (to a degree).  Philosophy and strategy does, in my opinion.