Wolves after Jordan Rhodes

wolves-ground-1080x352.png

Wolverhampton Wanderers have emerged as serious contenders to take Jordan Rhodes away from Hillsborough

Despite only signing a permanent deal with Sheffield Wednesday earlier this summer, it’s believed Rhodes – who first joined the Owls on loan in January – could already be set for an exit from Hillsborough.

Wolves are one of several clubs interested, with Leeds United now emerging as serious contenders for the Scotland international’s services

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

wolves-ground-1080x352.png

Wolverhampton Wanderers have emerged as serious contenders to take Jordan Rhodes away from Hillsborough

Despite only signing a permanent deal with Sheffield Wednesday earlier this summer, it’s believed Rhodes – who first joined the Owls on loan in January – could already be set for an exit from Hillsborough.

Wolves are one of several clubs interested, with Leeds United now emerging as serious contenders for the Scotland international’s services

Thanks for breaking this news around 2 weeks late Neil, nowt gets past you does it.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No

Just slight intensification

I look forward to your next thread on this issue then, when the intensification has intensified somewhat.

2 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Tricky situation.

Rhodes to Leeds or Wolves would strengthen a direct competitor.

Can't see it happening for that reason. DC wouldn't sell MdGugan to a Championship club a season or so ago when there was some interest so can't see him risking selling a proven goalscorer to a promotion rival.

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

Tricky situation.

Rhodes to Leeds or Wolves would strengthen a direct competitor.

Yes it would, but it would free up funds to enable us to bring in new players in areas where we are lacking, such as Centre Back and maybe midfield.  Ideally I'd get rid of Nuhiu as well, but I do think any possible deal with Wolves (or Dirty L****) wuld be worthy of consideration at the right price.

difficult one this ...he's a proven scorer but if he doesn't fit into how carlos wants us to play then he not going to score too many sat on his arse watching from the bench ......if the club do want shot of him I don't think they are in a position to dictate which club  they will or wont sell him to ...no prem club would probably want him so that leaves top end championship clubs with money who we hope we will be competing against ........as things are at the moment with the way we play i'd be tempted if we can our outlay back to let him go and back ourselves to finisher higher than whoever signs him no matter how well he does at the new club ..

Edited by torryowl