Joao

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

Does anyone else think he should be getting on our bench due to the fact he offers an alternative attacking threat?

If Hooper and Fletcher are being dealt with effectively by a centre back pairing and we need a change, Rhodes and Winnall offer virtually the same threat so the only advantage would be more energy.

Joao however offers something different so I'm surprised he's not making the bench?

I doubt Joao will feature much. He looked a real prospect when we signed him but he's not kicked on. He might get the odd cameo due to injuries but that's all I can see.

I'd sell him if we can get an offer.

way down the pecking order and rightly so .....just because he has pace doesn't make him a good option to come off the bench and change things .his 1st touch is awful, he's not particularly good in the air , he has no strength and his scoring record at anything like a decent level is poor .......

23 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Does anyone else think he should be getting on our bench due to the fact he offers an alternative attacking threat?

If Hooper and Fletcher are being dealt with effectively by a centre back pairing and we need a change, Rhodes and Winnall offer virtually the same threat so the only advantage would be more energy.

Joao however offers something different so I'm surprised he's not making the bench?

I'd like to see him  given a charge again in the cup game but with our current striking squad  I think he will  going out on loan again

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

way down the pecking order and rightly so .....just because he has pace doesn't make him a good option to come off the bench and change things .his 1st touch is awful, he's not particularly good in the air , he has no strength and his scoring record at anything like a decent level is poor .......

Exactly my thoughts...I can remeber a run of games he started last season as he was poor, he never looked like scoring and offered very little.

him and nuhiu would be on the top of my "out" list. Free up both money and a shirt!! 

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Pace without skill doesn't make a top player. Jeremy Helan had pace enough to leave most players in his wake.......the ball as well most times.

• Like 1

Just now, TheEnd1976 said:

It was but they had to stay up to be able to afford it that did not happen

So we must be looking at a Championship side to sell him to. Therefore, we are presumably looking at another three months deal to get rid in January window or sell now.

What do you think his value is?

I quite like what Joao can offer,but he's not getting a look in whilst everyone is fit.

As we currently have a clean bill of health I'd be tempted to try and fix him up with a loan deal until Christmas- preferably are championship level at somewhere he'll get some game time, so we can see if he's progressing.

Seemed to do ok at Blackburn, and he has the raw ingredients, so I think he's worth keeping on the books unless we get a good offer.

If he's not going to play at all for us, he should be sent out on loan.

Even if we still have to part pay his wages, at least he's in the shop window, or at least he would be match fit if we have an injury crisis and needed to recall him.