Fox and Pudil

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

Both in the back four today.

Reach has an absolute blinder at left back on Wednesday - is put back on left midfield where he has been dire - when FF is fresh and raring to go.

That decision to put Reach to left midfield when we have plenty of options there is baffling when it now means we go into this game with Fox and Pudil in the back four. I fear for us.

Hopefully will be egg on my face later.

Guest RocketOwl
10 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Hopefully reach can take some confidence out of wednesdays game and replicate his performance slightly further forward. 

Reach needs more space to get into his stride, which believe it or not is why he looks good at left back when going forward.

I disagree that Reach had a blinder.

He was good enough, but I was often frustrated by him - I don't know if he was coached to check himself and stop, then pass sideways or backwards when he could have continued forwards into the final half or final 3rd - or if he did it instinctively.   I do know this - it often stopped our forward momentum.

I hope Fox is a little more naive if it was coached into Reach, and Fox forgets a little and bombs forward a bit more when the chance presents itself.     

I'm not going for the jugular on several players for a reason - I saw several faults but I don't know if they were the players or the coach.    Positional wise I have felt we have been bad since day one of Carlos reign, especially at full back - but Pudil was far too left of centre when we had the ball in possession for instance last time out as a central defender.     Our Full backs never seem to be on the ball when up against a winger who wants to attack the position. 

Edited by HubristicClapper

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

Reach has an absolute blinder at left back on Wednesday - is put back on left midfield where he has been dire - when FF is fresh and raring to go.

That decision to put Reach to left midfield when we have plenty of options there is baffling when it now means we go into this game with Fox and Pudil in the back four. I fear for us.

We are away from home against a really good Fulham side, especially on the flanks, no surprise he's gone for two more natural defenders. 

3 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Well called mate, got it spot on.

• Haha 1

Oeuf orfucksake!

:manager:

• Haha 1

Fired up and raring to go in the position he refuses to play in?