"Because we can't spend money"

If he has spunked all the budget and this is the squad we are going with, then we are un-workable. Play offs would be an achievement.

Too many of our players will get injured, not to mention lack of squad balance and poor form.

Hopefully DC is keeping CC in the dark and has a few quid put away for the new manager.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

If he has spunked all the budget and this is the squad we are going with, then we are un-workable. Play offs would be an achievement.

Too many of our players will get injured, not to mention lack of squad balance and poor form.

Hopefully DC is keeping CC in the dark and has a few quid put away for the new manager.

That's one of the most naive and unfounded posts I've ever read. 

• Like 1

Chansiri has said on numerous occasions we've got money to spend if the right player is available. We've needed two central defenders and now we've got one without having to spend much on him.

We'll still finish top 6. Hopefully we'll sign a couple more players that will have us challenging for top 2.

We'll be reyt, lads.

• Like 1

Whoever has been in charge of recruitment over last 2.1/2 years has seemed a lot more interested in glamour signings of forwards and a rush to get into the Premier League then building the team and squad slowly with solid foundations.

A lot was riding on the two play off campaigns we have been in and paying the price now for missing out.

10 minutes ago, striker said:

Ask Sunderland if we're fu*ked.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, striker said:

F**k knows how we've managed to finish 6th and 4th with this squad then.

lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Nobody would be that incompetent they'd spunk all our budget for 3 seasons without buying a central defender.

Would they ?

Could it be that  the scale of losses is only just becoming apparent as accounts are being finalised.

13 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Nobody would be that incompetent they'd spunk all our budget for 3 seasons without buying a central defender.

Would they ?

Most football transfers nowadays involve payment by installment over the two, three, or four year contract period. More often badged as a loan to buy deal with nuanced contract clauses within. In essence we defer expenditure for FFP reasons. An unqualified statement of "we cannot spend the cash" doesn't equate to "we have no cash".

I should say that the Venancio deal is a purchase in all but name.

I'd also imagine we have cash still to purchase another CB before the window shuts. We might be able to prise Dean away from Brentford, we may well go back to one of the original targets.

Who knows? Anybody on here? Any genuine information on our transfer activities other than spouting guff?

Edited by F. Spiksley

Guest We Shall Overcome
42 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Just listening to the interview

When talking about the us getting Frederico Venancio -about the loan to buy.

Said was a good deal because we can't spend money.

He should have said, "I can't spend money as the chairman knows I'll wee wee it up the wall".

7 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

He also kept going on about how one of the reasons we signed him was because he wanted an opportunity in England 

no mention of his qualities 

You think that's the sole reason we signed him then?

Puddled

Edited by BIG D

We have a bloated, ageing, lop sided squad and i dont know who is in charge of recruitment, whether its CC, DC, someone else, or a combination of them all, but whoever it is has made a mess of things if we are being honest.

The squad isnt without quality but as i said its lop sided and very very samey, and an awful awful lot of money has been wasted.

Guest We Shall Overcome
26 minutes ago, striker said:

Give this man a cigar at last someone with a bit of foresight.

9 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

He also kept going on about how one of the reasons we signed him was because he wanted an opportunity in England 

no mention of his qualities 

I'm sure we wouldn't have signed him just on that basis... I'm sure many players want to come to England so if that was the only reason we could have had any tom wee pipe or Harry in by now.