can the club do anything right?

Just received my members card after waiting 2  wks for it. On the front states 150th anniversary and the names of swfc's iconic players over the years incorporated into the numbers 150. On the back an advertisement for a f@#king taxi firm.  Are we that short of money that we have to advertise a taxi firm on a members card celebrating the 150th anniversary of the club. Sorry but that to me displays a total lack of class  from the club, i dont know why i am not surprised in the current climate!

Just now, KivoOwl said:

Chansiri including himself on the list of club legends is more of an issue for me than an advertisement on the back. 

Then again, neither really matter. 

I'm more surprised we've actually found someone willing to meet our price for it. 

that's either a whoosh for you or me  right?

10 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Chansiri including himself on the list of club legends is more of an issue for me than an advertisement on the back. 

Out of interest, why does that bother you? 

12 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Then again, neither really matter. 

I'm more surprised we've actually found someone willing to meet our price for it. 

Errr, you know who D Taxi's i, right?

17 minutes ago, swampyowl01 said:

Just received my members card after waiting 2  wks for it. On the front states 150th anniversary and the names of swfc's iconic players over the years incorporated into the numbers 150. On the back an advertisement for a f@#king taxi firm.  Are we that short of money that we have to advertise a taxi firm on a members card celebrating the 150th anniversary of the club. Sorry but that to me displays a total lack of class  from the club, i dont know why i am not surprised in the current climate!

Why??? We need advertisers to raise revenue and keep the cart on the wheels. If firms want to give us cash then they expect their name on our literature. Unreasonable whining in my book.

21 minutes ago, swampyowl01 said:

Isn't the taxi firm that proposed firm DC started?? It's a way of him plowing more investment/sponsorship someone posted proof of it a while back on here somewhere 

Edited by Lomas613

1 minute ago, Lomas613 said:

Isn't the taxi firm that proposed firm DC started?? It's a way of him plowing more investment/sponsorship someone posted proof of it a while back on here somewhere 

That's my understanding of it... but hey.. why waste a good whinge thread.

1 minute ago, cookeh said:

That's my understanding of it... but hey.. why waste a good whinge thread.

Exactly you watch next season he'll sponsor a fisherman group to fish in the River Don haha can imagine them now all wearing Wednesday shirts sitting like garden gnomes fishing sat on south stand wall haha