Loans or nowt

Think it's become increasingly clear, especially with the focus at the steering group, fans forum and the Club 1867 launch that we are a lot closer to breaching FFP than we all hoped.

Naturally I think this means we all need to come to terms with the fact that any signings we do make in this window are going to be through loan deals.

I honestly can't see anyone coming in on a permanent deal with a fee unless we sell someone. Unless anyone knows another way around the rules barring 20k people taking up Club 1867 membership?

41 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Think it's become increasingly clear, especially with the focus at the steering group, fans forum and the Club 1867 launch that we are a lot closer to breaching FFP than we all hoped.

Naturally I think this means we all need to come to terms with the fact that any signings we do make in this window are going to be through loan deals.

I honestly can't see anyone coming in on a permanent deal with a fee unless we sell someone. Unless anyone knows another way around the rules barring 20k people taking up Club 1867 membership?

Then whoever sanctioned the signing of Jordan Rhodes, knowing that, should be dismissed instantly An absolutely ridiculous signing, if that is the case

40 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Cash in on Forestieri to the highest bidder. Use the money wisely to strengthen 3-4 areas that have been long overdue whilst removing a disruptive influence. 

Win win.

Not if the signings are similar to our recent signings Bunch of duds

4 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Honest question as my knowledge of ffp is very limited. How are Wolves managing to spunk millions on players.

There owner isn't bothered about a FFP "punishment" (a ban on signing players - we seem to be in a self-imposed on now anyway!!) as where Mr Chansiri seems to want to play it by the book (not sure why given he's currently £70m+ deep in Wednesday and that's only going to get bigger the more time we spend in the Championship).

I suspect the withholding of funds is more to do with Carlos' situation as Head Coach.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

I disagree.

I think It comes down to the fact that we signed 1 player for £8m this transfer window. Compare that to the previous season and we probably spent that on 3 players (Reach, Abdi and Pudil) come to mind. 

I don't think the cash is running low, it is that there is only a limit to how much we can spend each season to be within FFP.  The transfer values of some players is also bonkers. 

3 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

There owner isn't bothered about a FFP "punishment" (a ban on signing players - we seem to be in a self-imposed on now anyway!!) as where Mr Chansiri seems to want to play it by the book (not sure why given he's currently £70m+ deep in Wednesday and that's only going to get bigger the more time we spend in the Championship).

Apparently Chansiri did say at that fans forum that he doesn't actually care for FFP and he is more than happy to chuck money at it this season if that is what fans want. If we fail to go up though then he is concerned with fans opinions that we will be penalised at the end of the season for breaking the rules

Edited by smhouston