Forestieri Transfer Value

What do people think the current transfer value is for Fernando Forestieri?

I personally think if we sold him it would be between 5-7 million. I think his worth is far more and had we sold him this time last season we would have got nearer to 10 million. Only issues are that this is the second time he's had a disagreement with the club or management so think that will devalue home somewhat. Then if clubs think we are wanting to cash in before the end of August then they'll look to get him as cheap as possible.

My view now is that we cash in. Carlos has a set system (stubbornly or not) and if Forestieri doesn't want to be part of that then it's just yet another square peg in a round hole.

5 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

What do people think the current transfer value is for Fernando Forestieri?

I personally think if we sold him it would be between 5-7 million. I think his worth is far more and had we sold him this time last season we would have got nearer to 10 million. Only issues are that this is the second time he's had a disagreement with the club or management so think that will devalue home somewhat. Then if clubs think we are wanting to cash in before the end of August then they'll look to get him as cheap as possible.

My view now is that we cash in. Carlos has a set system (stubbornly or not) and if Forestieri doesn't want to be part of that then it's just yet another square peg in a round hole.

There's hardly a queue of clubs for him, is there? 

He comes with baggage and a hefty wage which he's going to want to maintain. That all his to be filtered in to what any club is willing to offer. How many Championship clubs are going to do that?

Quite frankly, I think £5 million to £7 million may be optimistic; it comes down to how anxious we are to sell.

Very very very much doubt this will happen but it has to be 10million i would imagine for the club to let him go. 

If rumours (and a big if) are are true I'm sure he would go for £3 and a packet of spangles but that's no my how DC seems to work. He will stay I'm sure but what use he will be if he has sulked off again I'm unsure.

on his day our best player, shame we don't see this that often

Terrific little player. 

What's his transfer value? 

Well it should be in the £12 - 15m bracket. 

However when you work Norwich refusal. Bicycle-gate. The new contract demand despite 3 years to run.   And all the other stuff.

Including (unfairly at times) his record for being carded by refs etc etc. The TV (& ff) created reputation for diving ...

I don't think there will be the clamour for his signature that there should be for a player of his talent.

If we got £10m we'd have done well. 

Trouble is. To replace him would cost more than that.

That said Centre half is becoming an absolute must 

Just now, gurujuan said:

If we even considered taking that for him, it would make a mockery of our transfer policy

I agree Guru, I just feel he's slightly damaged goods now and he's no longer the player of 15/16. Other clubs may try to take advantage of our situation, knowing there may be unrest at the club.

He's worth what we would accept for him and there'd be plenty of suitors which would drive up the price to an acceptable trade but I suspect it would be too late for us by then. I imagine Wolves, Villa, possibly Fulham might put in the cheeky bid on deadline day. If he is genuinely unhappy and not in Carlos's plans then I'd only sell If I was backing Carlos for the full season. If I was seriously looking around at other managers I'd keep him.

• Like 1

I think people are undervaluing him. Around the Norwich game, I thought £15million.  I now think half that value given last seasons form but in today's market, we shouldn't sell for anything under £10million and I would be firm with this.  I would aim for £12m

17 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:

It's a none story.

Not for sale.

Move along.

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If we even considered taking that for him, it would make a mockery of our transfer policy

11 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This.

Would take 16 million for me to be tempted but YOU DONT SELL YOUR BEST PLAYERS

We need to make sure we play him then.

15 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Very very very much doubt this will happen but it has to be 10million i would imagine for the club to let him go. 

If rumours (and a big if) are are true I'm sure he would go for £3 and a packet of spangles but that's no my how DC seems to work. He will stay I'm sure but what use he will be if he has sulked off again I'm unsure.

on his day our best player, shame we don't see this that often

Nobody in the championship is going to pay £10m for him at the end of August because of FFP, and in my opinion he isnt good enough week in week out for the prem. so he either settles for a seat on the bench somewhere at the lower end of the prem, moves abroad or knuckles down with us. Hes going nowhere.

10 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

We need to make sure we play him then.

Exactly !

Play him in his best position build a team around him and get the best out of him. Play attacking football with Bannan Boyd Matias running off him get him involved and we'll see the Forestieri of the first season and the fans will be a lot happier 

3 minutes ago, trev said:

7 million with add-ons.

Which is garbage as he's worth twice that when he's on form.

I'd rather we sell anyone else except him though as we won't replace him.

I think this will be the likely end game, sadly