Is there a good time to change managers.

Now this isn't a Carlos out thread 

But I've been thinking if you do change manager when do you do it?

Now my thoughts with Carlos are give him 2 more games and we need minimum 4 points or he goes but then i'm thinking who do you bring in and do we hold off buying people just incase new manger wants to bring own signings in? 

It's not easy but I think previously Manderic and the Allen just thought f*CK it and sacked without much thought.

Some say wait til Xmas well we could be well off pace by then and you've got the 2 derby matches in September if Carlos is still in charge and we lose both of them I can see riots happening.

Edited by dazzler07
Spelling

He will be alright until the end of August but the international breaks are always look over your shoulder time. Saying that I think the October one is more likely, if the start is poor and we then lose derbies the pressure may tell

1 minute ago, owlandished said:

One should change managers when the current one is not delivering results over a half a season

So come Jan we are 12th 10 points of playoffs would you regret not sacking earlier 

Obviously show on other foot we could be secure in playoffs thinking weren't we all a bunch of fannies.

But when you start falling out with players and hanging them out to dry it's normally a sign of the end.

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

He will be alright until the end of August but the international breaks are always look over your shoulder time. Saying that I think the October one is more likely, if the start is poor and we then lose derbies the pressure may tell

I fo*kin hope so!

WTF:

Let's face it I think we are all more aware of our neighbours now so the pressure to do well as never been higher.

We lose to united and no matter who is incharge no one will be happy we should be turning them over with our team and budget.

Yep - once you've been out thought in the playoff offs by a manager with an inferior squad, just my opinion but last season was such a missed opportunity that I think it will be something fans look back on in 5 or 10 years and think how the hell did we not get promoted 

I've always thought the best time to change a manager is end of November or beginning of December, so long as you get someone in straight away, this gives the new manager 4 weeks to review what he has ready for reshaping in January, now would be ok too as you have a couple of weeks to do the same. 

Really on the fence with CC now, not sure what to think

2 minutes ago, dazzler07 said:

So come Jan we are 12th 10 points of playoffs would you regret not sacking earlier 

Obviously show on other foot we could be secure in playoffs thinking weren't we all a bunch of fannies.

But when you start falling out with players and hanging them out to dry it's normally a sign of the end.

I would regret nothing

I would set a target over a set period of time with clear incentives and penalties

If target is not met then I would fire the manager. If target is met I would keep him

Personally I would give Carlos a target for Christmas. If it's obvious he will not meet it before Christmas I would fire him

I would not fire him after 2 games, having given him a new contract following the play offs