Rhodes did alright today

Rhodes hasn't been good enough for us, but at the same time we clearly don't play to his strengths and don't exactly create loads of chances for us.

Today he won a lot of headers and flick ons with no runners in behind or anyone picking up second balls.

He linked well with midfielders.

He combined well with his strike partners.

He managed to get himself on the end of a couple of chances.

Shame he didn't put 1 away, but confidence is clearly low, and he must be wondering when the next chance might come along. He snatched at both. 

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

Disagree i thought he was pants 

Far too easy to knock off the ball and he has to score from that chance put on plate for him by BB

I agree its down to confidence 

Hes not a big man but I thought he tried he got stuck in and won at least 7 or 8 headers.

He didn't score the chance, of course he should have scored. Anyone can miss a chance though and I don't think he played badly overall in the game. He linked really well with other people and like I said won a lot of headers,

Keep giving him 2 or 3 chances a game, hell get off the mark and fire us to promotion I'm sure.

• Like 1

Guest RocketOwl
14 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Rhodes hasn't been good enough for us, but at the same time we clearly don't play to his strengths and don't exactly create loads of chances for us.

Today he won a lot of headers and flick ons with no runners in behind or anyone picking up second balls.

He linked well with midfielders.

He combined well with his strike partners.

He managed to get himself on the end of a couple of chances.

Shame he didn't put 1 away, but confidence is clearly low, and he must be wondering when the next chance might come along. He snatched at both. 

Wow. Just wow.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Fibonacci91 said:

Hes not a big man but I thought he tried he got stuck in and won at least 7 or 8 headers.

He didn't score the chance, of course he should have scored. Anyone can miss a chance though and I don't think he played badly overall in the game. He linked really well with other people and like I said won a lot of headers,

Keep giving him 2 or 3 chances a game, hell get off the mark and fire us to promotion I'm sure.

Jesus 

He was shocking, wants to turn all of his battles in to a free kick 

And that chance, imagine the reaction had that been Nuhiu

Fibonacci you and I must have been watching a different game.

Rhodes was woeful and missed two sitters that could have proven very costly. He lacks pace, gets knocked off the ball too easy and goes missing for periods of the game. 

I had fallen in to the trap of thinking we didn't play to his strengths but today I watched him carefully and we are not getting anywhere near value for money. 

Winnall came on and immediately overshadowed him. I would put him behind hoops and winnall everytime. Unfortunately I think we landed him 3yrs too late. 

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

Wow. Just wow.

your clearly not watching the game and/or are an idiot. 

He did nothing wrong today. Anyone can miss a chance especially when they're as desperate for a chance as Rhodes is at the minute. 

Played well, linked well, battled, won headers. On the end of two chances. 

Just now, Vic Flange said:

Fibonacci you and I must have been watching a different game.

Rhodes was woeful and missed two sitters that could have proven very costly. He lacks pace, gets knocked off the ball too easy and goes missing for periods of the game. 

I had fallen in to the trap of thinking we didn't play to his strengths but today I watched him carefully and we are not getting anywhere near value for money. 

Winnall came on and immediately overshadowed him. I would put him behind hoops and winnall everytime. Unfortunately I think we landed him 3yrs too late. 

Its possible mate but at this point I am still of the opinion we don't give him enough chances. I would go Rhodes and Winnal with Hooper/Fessi/Abdi (probably in that order) in behind.

5 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Josh Scowen isn't a big bloke and we needed a crow bar to shift him off the ball

3 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Its possible mate but at this point I am still of the opinion we don't give him enough chances. I would go Rhodes and Winnal with Hooper/Fessi/Abdi (probably in that order) in behind.

Which makes his miss even worse 

You watched the match today right ?

Bannan was excellent and you're dropping him

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Fibonacci I hope he proves me wrong but he just isn't doing it and combined with declining to take a penalty in the play offs and the cost holding us back signing up defenders due to the fair play scenario then he has proved a liability rather than the asset he should have been. Sell!!

I don't buy this we don't play to his strengths stuff. Sure, we haven't been creating enough but when you win on the expected goals models as we did today it's reasonable to question your front players.  For me of our four main orthodox strikers he is fourth best at the moment, behind Hooper first, fletcher second, winnall third.  That may change and good luck to the guy, but it's where he is for now

14 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Disagree i thought he was pants 

Far too easy to knock off the ball and he has to score from that chance put on plate for him by BB

I agree its down to confidence 

I agree with the first bit 

3 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I don't buy this we don't play to his strengths stuff. Sure, we haven't been creating enough but when you win on the expected goals models as we did today it's reasonable to question your front players.  For me of our four main orthodox strikers he is fourth best at the moment, behind Hooper first, fletcher second, winnall third.  That may change and good luck to the guy, but it's where he is for now

Agreed 

Guest RocketOwl
11 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

your clearly not watching the game and/or are an idiot. 

He did nothing wrong today. Anyone can miss a chance especially when they're as desperate for a chance as Rhodes is at the minute. 

Played well, linked well, battled, won headers. On the end of two chances. 

Wow.

Rhodes played well today.

OK.

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, torres said:

I agree with the first bit 

Should have scored that and also Hooper cross - needs to be doing better:

7 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Which makes his miss even worse 

You watched the match today right ?

Bannan was excellent and you're dropping him

Why does that make it worse? He get so few chances that when's he gets one he snatchs at it. 

I never said drop bannan. Our best players for me.