The Wednesday -V- Queens Park Rangers - OMDT

Robbed today, but I'm sure there will be weeks where we don't deserve the points but get them. 

Clear handball on line in second half. Debatable pen in the first half. The cheers that were received for first offside shows how many were getting missed. 

Had the chances to win today and also need to stop giving ball away / conceding ridiculous goals and pens. 

1 point down, 99 to go before crowned champs!! 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Much improved second half.  The diamond suits us going forward but it makes it hard when the other team attacks down the wings.  Bannan had another good game but everyone else was a little off.  Winnall works hard but I'm not sure his passing is good enough.  I think we'd have won that if we'd had FF coming off the bench.

Before I get negged, I do think Winnall played well....sounds ultra negative about him in here.

Only someone very optimistic could see this team suddenly shifting a gear and winning most games. 

Soft at defending and not ruthless enough  currently. We could've won it and we have no right to boss teams each week but a promotion side would look more convincing and sure of themselves  in key areas surely?

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Before I get negged, I do think Winnall played well....sounds ultra negative about him in here.

Disagree with your criticism of his passing. He played a couple of lovely one touch passes in some of the build-up play.

And, without looking, I'd wager his accuracy was better than Reach's today.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Let's hope yet another slow start to a season doesn't end up costing us. Much better 2nd half but such a dull performance first half. We really need some pace in our team. We need an outlet from defence to attack. 

Nothing has changed

There is no evidence that anything is going to change

How long have we been saying we start slowly and give the opposition confidence?

How long have we been saying we need more pace in the side?

Still nothing changes.

There needs to be a change of manager or all we can expect is the same sh!!te again and again.

3 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

Jordan Rhodes' past record speaks for itself. He's arguably the most dangerous striker in this division, in and around the box.

Get him good service and he'll start finding the net.

At some point it falls upon the striker to get himself into better positions and be able to at least be visible out there on the pitch.

If he is so dangerous, why can Fletcher, Hooper, FF and Winnall find the back of the net, but not Jordan Rhodes?

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Robbed today, but I'm sure there will be weeks where we don't deserve the points but get them. 

Clear handball on line in second half. Debatable pen in the first half. The cheers that were received for first offside shows how many were getting missed. 

Had the chances to win today and also need to stop giving ball away / conceding ridiculous goals and pens. 

1 point down, 99 to go before crowned champs!! 

There's optimistic and then there's white coat time! 

:manager:

Just now, Indoor Owl said:

At some point it falls upon the striker to get himself into better positions and be able to at least be visible out there on the pitch.

If he is so dangerous, why can Fletcher, Hooper, FF and Winnall find the back of the net, but not Jordan Rhodes?

How much space are they afforded by his presence alongside them?

5 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

Jordan Rhodes' past record speaks for itself. He's arguably the most dangerous striker in this division, in and around the box.

Get him good service and he'll start finding the net.

Well yeah, it's not like you become a bad striker overnight is it?, my bad.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, adifferentgame said:

Disagree with your criticism of his passing. He played a couple of lovely one touch passes in some of the build-up play.

And, without looking, I'd wager his accuracy was better than Reach's today.

I agree with you actually.  When he plays one touch he is very good.  It's when he has time to think about it that he often gets it wrong.  He played well today though.  Unfortunately, Reach did not.  I said he was awful last season and he is still awful this season.