FF and JR

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

If we can get £15m for these 2 - and spend £5m on a centre half - I'd be tempted to

Stick £10m back in the bank and get our FFP sorted.

We'd still have an embrassment of riches up front with Hooper, Fletcher, Winnall, and Nuhiu. And with Boyd and Reach able to cover wing duties - we wouldn't really be missing much

8 minutes ago, Grandad said:

If we can get £15m for these 2 - and spend £5m on a centre half - I'd be tempted to

We'd still have an embrassment of riches up front with Hooper, Fletcher, Winnall, and Nuhiu. And with Boyd and Reach able to cover wing duties - we wouldn't really be missing much

Why sell the two players from our team who can genuinely turn a game? when there are fringe players who could easily generate money and loosen the wage bill? 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Not like you to talk nonesense.

Why do we need 10m to get FFP sorted ?

I would happily offload some of the fringe players who will reduce the wage bill rather than arguably two of our most gifted players. If Hunt and Reach can keep putting balls across the 6-yard box and Boyd/Wallace can do the same then I back Rhodes to start banging them in for fun.

This is a tricky one. Sometimes this season, groundbait has been working for me, and on other occasions a bed of pellets has done the trick.

Glad you started this one Grandad and not me lol.

ps - Yes, I'd go with it. But I'm not saying why. I'd be accused of being a stirrer again. Although I don't think Rhodes is significantly better than Hooper, Hooper and Fletcher are our best pairing, Forestieri has never been a striker, and may or may not be a prima donna with a penchant for upsetting the harmony within the dressing room. No, I'd prefer to sit on the fence. 

Pps - is that me in the keepnet? lol

If the start of this season becomes another FF saga following yesterdays reports (and CC's ALMOST admission that it happened) he needs to go.  I was over the moon when he signed.  Genuinely delighted, as i've always rated him, but last season soured it terribly and i'm keeping an open mind this season until i've decided if he seems up for it (to me).

JR will turn out to be a great signing for us i'm sure if we give him the ammo.  Selling him now would be ridiculous.

22 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I can see where you're coming from, but without FF there would have been no play-offs for the last 2 seasons. Top 10 finishes at best.

Fletcher, Hooper and Winnall would have to step and create the spark/goals/creativity. Not sure they have it in them.

Big gamble getting rid of, probably our most important player of the last two seasons.

8 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

If the start of this season becomes another FF saga following yesterdays reports (and CC's ALMOST admission that it happened) he needs to go.  I was over the moon when he signed.  Genuinely delighted, as i've always rated him, but last season soured it terribly and i'm keeping an open mind this season until i've decided if he seems up for it (to me).

JR will turn out to be a great signing for us i'm sure if we give him the ammo.  Selling him now would be ridiculous.

What happened yesterday with FF? What did CC say? I must have missed it. Thanks. 100% agree about Rhodes, to sell him would be a stupid decision.

Edited by WalthamOwl