George Hirst send him out on loan

What do people think the chances of Hirst, Penney, Stobbs getting a decent loan spell under their belts?

Seen Hirst has retweeted a video of Wenger stressing the importance of giving youth a chance. Bet he's itching to play at pro level week in week out. Clear he won't get it here so we need to try and find him a club in the lower leagues before his head gets turned by a Prem club. 

Surely there are a number of League 1 or 2 clubs who would be willing to take him?

3 minutes ago, Holmes said:

If D Hirst was called F Bloggs, doubt there wouldn't be half the threads about him.  

Been said so many times but it couldn't be more true. It's notable to me that we have one and half centrebacks yet I rarely see anyone advocating the U23 lads to be put in ahead of Loovens etc, yet we have six strikers (not including Forestieri) who people clamour to see sidelined for one of their youth teammates.

That all being said, if he doesn't get let out on loan this season I think we have absolutely no chance of him staying. If they manage to get him under contract, he deserves to go and test himself.

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What do people think the chances of Hirst, Penney, Stobbs getting a decent loan spell under their belts?

Seen Hirst has retweeted a video of Wenger stressing the importance of giving youth a chance. Bet he's itching to play at pro level week in week out. Clear he won't get it here so we need to try and find him a club in the lower leagues before his head gets turned by a Prem club. 

Surely there are a number of League 1 or 2 clubs who would be willing to take him?

Cant understanding why nobody has suggested this before. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri wants 100 percent of the wages paid by the loaning club, a lot of clubs can't afford or don't want to do that which means that nobody is getting the experience of a loan spell .

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Any promising young player isn't going to want to play or not play as the case is under this management . Especially if bigger clubs like Everton are sniffing around 

Have we lost many players since DC took over to bigger clubs?  There was that lad who went to Bolton a while back can't remember if that was under DC's reign or not.

16 minutes ago, daftpenguin said:

Been said so many times but it couldn't be more true. It's notable to me that we have one and half centrebacks yet I rarely see anyone advocating the U23 lads to be put in ahead of Loovens etc, yet we have six strikers (not including Forestieri) who people clamour to see sidelined for one of their youth teammates.

That all being said, if he doesn't get let out on loan this season I think we have absolutely no chance of him staying. If they manage to get him under contract, he deserves to go and test himself.

The meltdown on here if we start with an u23 at centre back and one at right back will be mental.

I'd love us to bring the youth through - if they are good enough - but when you see the bile spouted after Preston, I don't blame Carlos for sticking with proven, bought in players