Preston Away.

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

One thing is for sure and it's Forresteri is the first name on Carlos team sheet - and it will be upfront:

So whose in line to partner our top scorer from the past two seasons?

For me it's Hooper.

5 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

fernando's best place is on the left,rhodes and hooper for me upfront.

Fletcher and Hooper for me, hoop will benefit from Fletchers workrate, rhodes is a pure poacher but gives lttle else

10 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

why is that then ?,because we playing him in a position where he is more effective for the team or leave because he throws a strop because he can't play where he wants to.

No because it's proven he's more affective through the middle...he sees more of the ball and as more Influence on the game full stop.

2 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

One thing is for sure and it's Forresteri is the first name on Carlos team sheet - and it will be upfront:

For me it's Hooper.

Hopefully.

I find it a little strange how so many are convinced Rhodes will start. Fletcher and FF started ahead of him in the playoffs in our last 2 competitive games. Not sure why anyone thinks it will be any different now.

Carlos obviously likes Hooper and if he's fit, he's probably ahead of Rhodes as well. 

It'll be any 2 from FF, Fletch and Hooper at Preston I reckon. 

6 hours ago, A12owl said:

If Rhodes is a poacher and scores goals what else do you want? Seem to remember Lineker and Shearer were classified as poachers.  I bet they didn't get the flack that Rhodes gets from some supporters. 

The thing is mate...lots of our fans are morons who simply don't understand the game!! OT is the place where they seem to congregate.

Rhodes is a class apart and CC should be building a team around him to support his needs. We've cried out for a 20 goal a season man for years...we've got one now but we might as well play him left back with how we play!! 

8 hours ago, A12owl said:

If Rhodes is a poacher and scores goals what else do you want? Seem to remember Lineker and Shearer were classified as poachers.  I bet they didn't get the flack that Rhodes gets from some supporters. 

True its really the lack of chances that we create for him that worries me, hope cc will be a little more aggressive this season

So, for those that missed it / deliberately ignored it, Carlos was interviewed a few weeks ago saying that with the competition for places up front as it is, Fernando is more likely to feature on the left this season.

Fernando said he was happy to play anywhere as long as he got in the team.

Not sure he had Centre Back in mind though.

10 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

For me it's Hooper.

How do you come to this conclusion  when Carlos has said he is playing out left this season.

Rhodes and Hooper all the way.

7 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Hopefully.

I find it a little strange how so many are convinced Rhodes will start. Fletcher and FF started ahead of him in the playoffs in our last 2 competitive games. Not sure why anyone thinks it will be any different now.

Carlos obviously likes Hooper and if he's fit, he's probably ahead of Rhodes as well. 

It'll be any 2 from FF, Fletch and Hooper at Preston I reckon. 

Less said about the play offs and our team selection the better.