Loovens (Pudil)

Reach (Fox) 

Boyd

Jones

Bannan (Abdi)

Forestieri (Matias)

Hooper (Fletcher) 

Rhodes (Winnall) 

What this represent. Team and back ups? Guessing space means a replacement needed.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

We won four in four with Bannan-Jones in tandem. Jones is a very good partner for him. Does the thankless unglamorous stuff but stays close enough to a Bannan to help him out.

Our worst CM pairing Bannan and Jones... much prefer the Abdi (who's class) and Hutch pairing... bring Bannan on to effect the game like he did tonight

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Agreed

FF has no problem chasing back when his man has the ball. He will work all day

The issue he has is tracking somebody when the ball is not anywhere near. He is not a natural winger/wide player and just switches off. Not all the time but only needs to do it a couple of times a game for it to be a problem 

Great point. 

One of the reasons Carlos will only use FF on the left sparingly rather than every week.  

I really think Carlos sees his wide players as absolutely crucial to his system. They seem to have 3 roles...

1. Support fullback.

2. Tuck in and support midfielder who's often outnumbered 

3. Create 

If you can't be constantly disciplined and do all 3 on a regular basis, you won't gain Carlos' trust to play there on a regular basis. 

I would imagine thats that's why he shows so much faith in Wallace, why he paid so much for Reach, and why he signed Boyd. 

FF will do number 3 better than any, but (as student owl alluded to) he'll only do 1 and 2 in fits and spurts. He's a maverick. Can't see Carlos ever trusting him enough in the same way he trusts Wallace and Reach, to regularly play that wide role.

28 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Great point. 

One of the reasons Carlos will only use FF on the left sparingly rather than every week.  

I really think Carlos sees his wide players as absolutely crucial to his system. They seem to have 3 roles...

1. Support fullback.

2. Tuck in and support midfielder who's often outnumbered 

3. Create 

If you can't be constantly disciplined and do all 3 on a regular basis, you won't gain Carlos' trust to play there on a regular basis. 

I would imagine thats that's why he shows so much faith in Wallace, why he paid so much for Reach, and why he signed Boyd. 

FF will do number 3 better than any, but (as student owl alluded to) he'll only do 1 and 2 in fits and spurts. He's a maverick. Can't see Carlos ever trusting him enough in the same way he trusts Wallace and Reach, to regularly play that wide role.

Not but because of 3 and you can also add 4 to that, score goals. When he is not in the wide role he will be upfront instead.

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

CC saying in his interview there is no panic to bring in any new signings. Have to disagree, we need a new CB urgently, can't be having Pudil starting the season there. He refused to be drawn on speculation linking Hutton and Mulgrew with the club. 

The thing is, that's all he can say. He can't come out saying how unprepared we are for the season or how desperate we are to pay whatever is needed to bring in a CB - that'll just result in other clubs taking us for a ride, the fans getting disillusioned about the manager sounding panicked and the players being pissed off with him not thinking they're good enough to do the job.

I wouldn't read anything into it.

8 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Yet the defenders we currently have are responsible for a more than adequate defensive record over the two last season's. That said I agree we need to strengthen the central defence department but there's no point bringing in players just for the sake of it. As for the full-backs, we're probably going to have to go with what we've got but perhaps we might be in a better position to strengthen in January?

We have lost Sasso though and havent replaced him. Hutch still injury prone. Semedo also gone. No replacements.

Matias was very unlucky when he hit the post, it would have been a quality goal

i have to give credit to Nuhiu tonight, did well especially with the ball at his feet

i was sat in the corp area with Donny fans on a work thing and all Donny fans agreed we looked a class above, our speed off the ball and clever play stood out and they also commented about how much bigger our players were.

I thought we looked good on the ball and had another gear if needed

8 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Our worst CM pairing Bannan and Jones... much prefer the Abdi (who's class) and Hutch pairing... bring Bannan on to effect the game like he did tonight

What did Abdi do last night ( or any other time he has played )  to suggest he will dislodge Bannan  ? 

Doncaster were on top until he brought BB and Jones on . 

One of the first names on the team sheet .......and rightly so . 

16 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

What did Abdi do last night ( or any other time he has played )  to suggest he will dislodge Bannan  ? 

Abdi would have to seriously pull up trees to dislodge Bannan from a Carlos midfield. But while Lee is out the place next to him is up for grabs. 

Be tempted to try Hutchinson at centre back and Bannan with Abdi for a bit against Rangers to see if that could be an option.

50 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Do you watch the game?? Abdi is like Mooy, he does things simple rarely gives the ball away is always an option and plays 10 yards further forward that the other CM players which pushes the team forward as a whole. He controls the game and for me should start every week. 

He Can take us to that next level. Hopefully Bannan can get his first season form back and then we have some real chances as he can come on and do what he did last night. 

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Abdi would have to seriously pull up trees to dislodge Bannan from a Carlos midfield. But while Lee is out the place next to him is up for grabs. 

Be tempted to try Hutchinson at centre back and Bannan with Abdi for a bit against Rangers to see if that could be an option.

Spot on 

With Loovens fitness in doubt the Rangers game would be a good way to give this centre mid pertnership 45 minutes with Hutch at the back..

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Do you watch the game?? Abdi is like Mooy, he does things simple rarely gives the ball away is always an option and plays 10 yards further forward that the other CM players which pushes the team forward as a whole. He controls the game and for me should start every week. 

He Can take us to that next level. Hopefully Bannan can get his first season form back and then we have some real chances as he can come on and do what he did last night. 

Almost totally agree. AA ran the game while he was on. Never gave the ball away. New exactly where FF was going to run off the ball too. The system allowed him to do that though.

Jones & BB did different jobs in a different system. AA dictated play, BB played killer balls. Horses for courses.