Considerations if moving away from Hillsborough

9 minutes ago, Woodseats Owl said:

On that basis It has to be Graves Park or the Transport ground at Meadowhead.

Cheers 

UTO'S 

That's more than 30 minutes by car from our house. 

lol

UTO

I'm not ITK but a very reliable contact told me DC is seriously considering moving from Hillsborough. Apparently architects have been asked to look at feasibility at sights at Oughtibridge and Westfield. I'm no financial expert either but I was told the cost can be covered in 25/50 year loan that would more than pay for itself over time especially if we got in Prem. 

SAG are a double edged sword to DC. A massive annoyance on one hand but part of justification in moving if it came to that. 

Ultimately I, like I'm sure we all do, want us to play at a modern, atmospheric ground that is a pleasure to visit and can utilise our support not suppress it. Sadly capacity wise for big games Hillsborough/SAG/SYP do the latter at the moment. Which ever meets all the positive criteria whether it be Hillsborough or a new ground that's all that counts for me.  

4 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

I'm not ITK but a very reliable contact told me DC is seriously considering moving from Hillsborough. Apparently architects have been asked to look at feasibility at sights at Oughtibridge and Westfield. I'm no financial expert either but I was told the cost can be covered in 25/50 year loan that would more than pay for itself over time especially if we got in Prem. 

SAG are a double edged sword to DC. A massive annoyance on one hand but part of justification in moving if it came to that. 

Ultimately I, like I'm sure we all do, want us to play at a modern, atmospheric ground that is a pleasure to visit and can utilise our support not suppress it. Sadly capacity wise for big games Hillsborough/SAG/SYP do the latter at the moment. Which ever meets all the positive criteria whether it be Hillsborough or a new ground that's all that counts for me.  

I'm done if we move 

3 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I'm done if we move 

Why? I thought we are Wednesday fans not Hillsborough fans. What, if seems likely, Hillsborough can't meet future needs to prosper? I'm not necessarily advocating a move I just don't get at all why it should make any fan be "done". 

Arsenal, Man City, Derby, Middlesbrough etc have all moved and have increased not reduced support. 

53 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

At least that meets the main consideration 

lol

Seriously though, is there a flat plot of land big enough in Oughtibridge?

55 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Bullshitwanker

58 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Oughtibridge? Everythings on a hill, that makes no sense whatsoever.

15 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Only way in that case would be buy Hillsborough park from the council they flog anything these days that's assuming the council still own it and not already flogged it to hedge fund Inc.

Sell off the stadium when it's all finished up and running still in Hillsborough (kids don't play in parks anymore there are no X Boxes there)

Minimum of fuss the cost of that ?

I will hand you now over to Our club financial expert "Steveger"

The problem with buying hillsborough park from the council is they don't actually own it.

There is no chance that the park will ever be used for a new stadium.

15 hours ago, mark1948 said:

If we move it should be a development with two stadia and a training ground. It should also have shops, restaurants, bowling alley, indoor stadium for basketball, tennis badminton and maybe a bowls arena. That way it becomes a destination almost every day of the week.

The second smaller stadium is for the under 23s, SWFC ladies and maybe to entice Sheffield club back into Sheffield from Dronfield.

If you're going to do it do it right and maximise the utility so that the revenue stream is constant and not an idle investment. Make sure that transport infrastructure is catered for. Trams Train Bussees Cars Helicopters etc.

Meanwhile we cant afford a center half!

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

Meanwhile we cant afford a center half!

I don't think its a question of not being able to afford a centre half, it's finding better than we have who actually want to play in the Championship and for Sheffield Wednesday.

12 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Bullshitwanker

Really? You nice and safe behind that keyboard?

As for Oughtibridge I'm only passing on what I've been told. Take it or leave it, makes no difference to me but apparently there is land there for development.

Another consideration is the surrounding area and Hillsborough in general where a lot of businesses rely on the boost in income every other weekend, for me the idea of buying Hillsborough park building a state of the art facility and once done turn the existing ground into a outdoor area for the community win win for me

Hillsborough is our coliseum. The horse may have bolted on this one but imo any football stadium over 100 years old needs some kind of public listing conservation order to stop new owners from destroying essentially (Victorian) historical buildings without some serious justification.

That would make renovation more difficult unfortunately but it's either that or have historic landmarks part of our local and national culture be demolished just because the alternative is cheaper. The longer you leave it, the cheaper the alternative.

3 hours ago, mike84 said:

The problem with buying hillsborough park from the council is they don't actually own it.

There is no chance that the park will ever be used for a new stadium.

Yes apparently so Mike ...

Nevthelodgemoorowl replied to my post that it was donated to the public. Cant think of anywhere else in Hillsborough that you could plonk a state of art ground .. wouldn't imagine we could even do a Real Madrid and dig down to get 45,000 extra seats unless diving equipment is issued under seats that's why I cannot understand the posts of redevelopment it's not like Tottenham they don't have the tight restrictions Hillsborough has River / Main Road etc 

They also didn't have to buy up property either they owned most of it anyway apart from the engineers business that kicked off... can't see a way round it no matter what we do with Leppings lane SAG/ SYP will still stick thorns in the club's side.