Considerations if moving away from Hillsborough

18 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

We ain't Manchester city ya know. 

There's no reason that we can't be in the future. Their development was made by the city council at the time that City were still at Maine Road.The stadium was built to encourage a bid for the Olympics. A development should be a mix of Public and Private money.

Typical Sheffield small guys attitude and negative thinking.

Edited by mark1948

Guest everydays_wednesday
45 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

walking distance init?

Be a 2 min train journey to hillsborough from Manvers when HS2 comes along won't it?

Guest everydays_wednesday
4 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Trouble is you'd have to jump at 150mph

Ha.....fair point well made !

45 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

If we move it should be a development with two stadia and a training ground. It should also have shops, restaurants, bowling alley, indoor stadium for basketball, tennis badminton and maybe a bowls arena. That way it becomes a destination almost every day of the week.

The second smaller stadium is for the under 23s, SWFC ladies and maybe to entice Sheffield club back into Sheffield from Dronfield.

If you're going to do it do it right and maximise the utility so that the revenue stream is constant and not an idle investment. Make sure that transport infrastructure is catered for. Trams Train Bussees Cars Helicopters etc.

And it needs to be on the River Don so some of us can have full use of mooring our 40ft dream boats

2 hours ago, Jarvy said:

I see a lot of support on here recently for moving away from Hillsborough, especially due to increasing police restrictions on capacity/seating.

Whilst these are valid reasons and it is frustrating not being able to fill the place, Sheffield Wednesday, even with Premier League money, simply can't afford to build a new stadium. We don't have hundreds of millions and DC doesn't either, really. 

Best case scenario we lose Hillsborough and our new home becomes the "Chansiri Stadium". More likely, we end up with something akin to the Bet365 Stadium or something equally horrid.

Dunno where you've seen all that? There's the usual posters saying the same thing over and again, but "a lot of support" is stretching it a bit

Too many don't know much about Wednesday's history.  They played at around 5 grounds around Bramall Lane, before settling on Olive grove.  A vote was held when leaving Olive grove, the majority voted for Carbrook not Hillsborough.  I guess the directors chose Hillsborough because it was the cheapest deal.  Time to move with the times and get into the East end, better for travelling to for both home and away fans and far greater expansion for modern facilities and revenue generating streams.  A modern stadium can be built that is atmospheric.  Wednesday are massive if the club is run properly and the potential exploited.  I want to see Champions league football, not Championship.

If the time comes when there's a waiting list for season tickets and our ground is full for most matches then a move would be a must. As of now DC's priority is getting up there so lets walk before we start to run. Maybe some of the boycotters on here could actually go before advocating a move away lol 

16 minutes ago, hypnosisman said:

Too many don't know much about Wednesday's history.  They played at around 5 grounds around Bramall Lane, before settling on Olive grove.  A vote was held when leaving Olive grove, the majority voted for Carbrook not Hillsborough.  I guess the directors chose Hillsborough because it was the cheapest deal.  Time to move with the times and get into the East end, better for travelling to for both home and away fans and far greater expansion for modern facilities and revenue generating streams.  A modern stadium can be built that is atmospheric.  Wednesday are massive if the club is run properly and the potential exploited.  I want to see Champions league football, not Championship.

I hope you're in the 10 to 12 age range and come from a family with a history of living for a very long time.lol

21 minutes ago, hypnosisman said:

I know enough history of the club thanks, but uprooting from Hillsborough is not needed.