Rhodes pessimists in minority

Star running a poll today.

Over a thousand votes so far.

10% of us think he will score 10 or less. 

22% 11-15 (if Carlos rotates as much as other seasons that's a fair return)

34% 16-20

26% 21-25 (where my vote sits) 

and there's even 7% of us saying 26+ (I will have whatever you are drinking)

When you read the pessimism many fans have on here about Jordan, it clearly isn't felt by the majority outside this forum.

I suspect a few of the "10 or less" voters may be from across the city.

Edited by Holmowl

I think people are pessimistic(myself included) because we don't play to his strengths, hopefully that will change.

But is it a coincidence that teams in the past who have never get anywhere near promotion?

Huddesfield managed it without him......hopefully he'll do the business, but historically Jordan scoring loads of goals doesn't automatically mean we'll get promoted.

fingers crossed

Guest everydays_wednesday
12 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

Owlstalk is definatly not a true reflection of our fan base.

80% are whining, whinging girls who have nowt better to do.

Fact.....

Stop it or I will scream and scream until I'm sick....!!

32 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Star running a poll today.

Over a thousand votes so far.

10% of us think he will score 10 or less. 

22% 11-15 (if Carlos rotates as much as other seasons that's a fair return)

34% 16-20

26% 21-25 (where my vote sits) 

and there's even 7% of us saying 26+ (I will have whatever you are drinking)

When you read the pessimism many fans have on here about Jordan, it clearly isn't felt by the majority outside this forum.

I suspect a few of the "10 or less" voters may be from across the city.

Don't forget we've heard all this before back in January Rhodes will tear the division a new one,  he'll score for fun in this division, and his goals will take us to the Premier League That was the majority view then as well

A few of us realists said he wouldn't back then, and of course were proven right

Edited by gurujuan

If Fletcher can get 15 last season in an indifferent team there's no reason why Rhodes can't better that over a season if we can get the midfield thriving. He's a confidence player and if we start well he'll take off like a rocket.

1 minute ago, TrueOwl said:

If Fletcher can get 15 last season in an indifferent team there's no reason why Rhodes can't better that over a season if we can get the midfield thriving. He's a confidence player and if we start well he'll take off like a rocket.

Just one problem with that... Fletcher didn't get 15, he got 11... 10 in the regular season

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Fletcher got 10 didn't he?

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Just one problem with that... Fletcher didn't get 15, he got 11... 10 in the regular season

10+ wasn't a great return in a side that was playing within themselves. All I'm saying is I think he can better Fletchers return but in order for that to happen the whole team needs to start playing without fear and Rhodes will look like a different beast.

Guest BULGARIA

he will be too busy trying to out jump 6ft 4" defenders after Westwood has hoofed yet another aimless ball in his direction to be scoring goals.

I don't think it's pessimistic I think it's realism with the way we play. I've said time and time again I didn't want to sign Rhodes because he doesn't suit the way we play.

Now I hope Carlos addresses this and we give him chances and put balls in the box and with that he will score goals there is no doubt... it does however remain to be seen if we will play like that.

My vote is between 11-15. Same for Fessi