Is anyone being put OFF football..

The championship is probably the best league in England because of its unpredictability, and whilst the prem may bring great costs there are other positives that come with being there.

If you feel sick of football then I suggest watching/ playing non league football as this is where football is at its purest in this country

1 minute ago, ARCHIE1867 said:

The championship is probably the best league in England because of its unpredictability, and whilst the prem may bring great costs there are other positives that come with being there.

If you feel sick of football then I suggest watching/ playing non league football as this is where football is at its purest in this country

Couldn't agree more. football is losing its purity. The beautiful game has become stained. 

It's stupid but it's also kind of withdrawn from the real world, kind of a spectacle.

Doesn't really affect me at the minute  so I'm still in love with the game.

As soon as it starts to impact the fans in a real negative way on prices etc then the whole game is screwed and it will effect every club, we won't be alone. And as soon as this happens fundamental changes will be made to the entire game for all.

Enjoy the ride.

Edited by kilbyj

Still love the game, just don't like the people who run it, manage it, play it or broadcast it.

Riddled with colossal w@nkers because it's now a business rather than a game, but still great to watch live and hopefully always will be.

I've definitely adjusted my attitudes. Last season I felt we needed promotion at all costs. This season I just hope we compete at the right end and I just want to enjoy it. It wasn't enjoyable last season because anything other than a win and I felt let down. This year just looks mental with the amount of money, high profile players and managers and different contenders. I'm just happy were considered one of them and hope we give it a good go. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

Nah...still by far the best sport in the world.

Nothing comes close to when your team scores a vital goal. The passion and joy is unrivalled in any other sport. 

It's bloody great.

The vast sums of money involved are mind blowing, hundred million for a teenager and I remember the world going mad when Trevor Francis was signed for £999,9999.

The money in football does not trickle down enough to the lower leagues and even to grass roots football.  When agents can become millionaires for doing basically simple administration.  

Football in this country needs a complete overhaul with an overall aim (winning the world cup?).  At the moment it seems like capitalism gone mad the bigger the bully you are the richer you become.

The actual game of football is still brilliant to watch.