Harlee Dean, Brentford captain

Guest BULGARIA

Guest BULGARIA

My friend is a Brentford fanatic, knows quite a bit and he tells me we are sniffing around their captain Harlee Dean, a solid center back according to my buddy.

He still laughs at us buying Lloyd Owusu!!

Harlee Dean would be utter class, but I feel it's more of a pipe dream than anything else. Don't think we could afford him as Brentford always command high fees for their players, and he's a southern lad through and through playing close to his hometown in Essex.

4 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

IMO Dean would be the more expensive option, probably not wages wise but the initial transfer fee.

Unless he signs a new contract.  His value is diminishing by the day.

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Unless he signs a new contract.  His value is diminishing by the day.

To be fair, Jota only has a year left and aren't Brentford basically trying to get £10m+ for him?

I know attacking midfielders tend to go for more than CB's, but with the market for CB's being seemingly limited this season and the fact that he was player of the year and club captain... won't that mean they'll be after 5/6m+ at least? 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

To be fair, Jota only has a year left and aren't Brentford basically trying to get £10m+ for him?

I know attacking midfielders tend to go for more than CB's, but with the market for CB's being seemingly limited this season and the fact that he was player of the year and club captain... won't that mean they'll be after 5/6m+ at least? 

Unless they go to a PL club.  What they're asking and what they'll get will not be the same.

5 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Unless they go to a PL club.  What they're asking and what they'll get will not be the same.

True... Really hope there's something in this one. I said it in another thread, but a pool of

-Lees

-Dean

-Loovens

-Hutch (able to cover CB and CDM)

-Mulgrew (able to cover CB, CDM and LB)

Making up the defensive spine of the team in the centre of the pitch is a pool that wins you promotion. Would be unmatched in terms of quality, all played 100+ Championship games, a good mixture of ages giving both experience and energy... would be perfect

Edited by StudentOwl

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

True... Really hope there's something in this one. I said it in another thread, but a pool of

-Lees

-Dean

-Loovens

-Hutch (able to cover CB and CDM)

-Mulgrew (able to cover CB, CDM and LB)

Making up the defensive spine of the team in the centre of the pitch is a pool that wins you promotion. Would be unmatched in terms of quality, all played 100+ Championship games, a good mixture of ages giving both experience and energy... would be perfect

Cant argue with that.  Would love us to sign Dean, but I can't see it happening.

18 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Harlee Dean would be utter class, but I feel it's more of a pipe dream than anything else. Don't think we could afford him as Brentford always command high fees for their players, and he's a southern lad through and through playing close to his hometown in Essex.

That never appears to stop them moving to Liverpool or Manchester, and if he was good enough to play for a top London club he would already be with on. I suppose the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth, Fulham and Reading would interest him more than a move to the land of whippets and ferrets, but I wonder what his wife would think to South West Sheffield/North East Derbyshire property prices and quality, as againt those of London.