TOP HEAVY SQUAD AND FFP.

With the squad as top heavy as it is and Carlos saying he wants two players per position would you be happy with this.

GK Westwood/Wildsmith

RB Hunt/New

CB Lees/Loovens

New/Hutchinson

LB Fox/Pudil

LW Forestieri/Reach

RW Boyd/Wallace

CM Lee/Abdi

Bannan/New

CF Rhodes/Winnall

Hooper/Fletcher

Anyone not mentioned in the above needs to be on the transfer list and shipped out of the team, a bit of a cull is just what we need to get the wage bill down, free up some funds and ensures we have quality throughout the team.

With the 3 highlighted additions that squad should be able to go for top 2.

Jones is a great player to have at this level and we would be stupid to get rid of him, need another centre half and if we get Hutton then maybe Palmer should be loaned out but I think we have a good foundation 

3 minutes ago, Owl14 said:

Jones is a great player to have at this level and we would be stupid to get rid of him, need another centre half and if we get Hutton then maybe Palmer should be loaned out but I think we have a good foundation 

The problem is IMO we've got far too many fringe/ageing players on big contracts that could cause us huge problems should we not go up any time soon These players could end up like McGugan - surplus to requirements with not a hope in Hell of getting rid as nobody will take on their wages. 

5 minutes ago, Owl14 said:

We have hit a crossroads where we have a squad that contains quality players, it needs abit of a fine tune to take it to the next level and be top 2 contenders. Jones is decent at this level but I'd get rid to get a quality CM beast in. If Hutton comes in then Palmer needs to go full stop as if we got promoted he isn't EPL standard, not many of the first team are to be honest but thats a matter for another day.

What if we have have someone suspended and four people injured which is more than likely. We won't be able to name enough subs. 

Or what if Westwood gets injured. Does bully get a place on the bench.

I get where you are coming from but you need a minimum of 25 nowadays I think.

Edited by pazowl55

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What if we have have someone suspended and four people injured which is more than likely. We won't be able to name enough subs. 

Or what Westwood gets injured. Does bully get a place on the bench.

Highlighted players make up 22, If Westwood is injured then Wildsmith steps up and Dawson moves up from the u23 squad. There is plenty of talant in the u23 sqaud that would benefit from a short spell in the first team to cover injuries and suspensions.

23 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Or what if Westwood gets injured. Does bully get a place on the bench.

If its anything like last season it's a given and unless we are gonna use the kids we have too small a squad lol

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Highlighted players make up 22, If Westwood is injured then Wildsmith steps up and Dawson moves up from the u23 squad. There is plenty of talant in the u23 sqaud that would benefit from a short spell in the first team to cover injuries and suspensions.

think if you add Jones Matias Dawson and Joao then that would be about right.

Anyone wanting to get rid of our only pace option (Joao) needs to have a long hard think back to how they felt in the play off semi when our throw the kitchen sink at it last throw of the dice was to bring Nuhiu on.

Huddersfield brought pace on in the shape of Quainer or whatever his name was and it led to their goal and caused us loads of problems with Pudil being out in his feet.

We brought on the lumbering oaf. 

Yep great plan let's get rid of our only unpredictable player. 

5 hours ago, Almat said:

The problem is IMO we've got far too many fringe/ageing players on big contracts that could cause us huge problems should we not go up any time soon These players could end up like McGugan - surplus to requirements with not a hope in Hell of getting rid as nobody will take on their wages. 

This is the point I've been making for ages ,our transfer policy is going to get us into a lot of trouble and then we will end up like forest and stagnate for 2-3 years until those ageing players leave when there big contracts finish.the club just ain't been run well in all departments .we ain't even got any home games for sale other clubs have 1st 3 league games for sale and league cup.and at this rate we be wearing last season's kit by Aug 5th.we need to build for future  not for tomorrow signing 30yr old plus players on there last big pay day isn't the best way forward.

The only areas I dusagree slightly with the OP:-

I think Jones is still a very good CM so we dont need the new player there.

I would like to see Reach play LB to form a strong attacking left hand side with Nando. Not every game, but often.

I still think there is a role for Nuhiu or Joao off the bench. But unlikely to get much game time.

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Anyone wanting to get rid of our only pace option (Joao) needs to have a long hard think back to how they felt in the play off semi when our throw the kitchen sink at it last throw of the dice was to bring Nuhiu on.

Huddersfield brought pace on in the shape of Quainer or whatever his name was and it led to their goal and caused us loads of problems with Pudil being out in his feet.

Where do you play him, he is currently 5th choice.

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Winnall should have been brought, that's down to tactics and management not the squad. 

21 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Where do you play him, he is currently 5th choice.

He's a confidence player. Build a team around him. "Right Lucas this is your season, we are going to build the team around you and get you early service into the channels so you can stretch the opposition. 

Show us you can do it from the start rather than supersub. 

Don't worry about missing chances just keep going, I want you to be our 20 goal a season man and we're going to play to your strengths". 

I promise you if we did this, and played Hooper and FF / Matias off him consistently throughout the season we'd destroy teams. 

Based on previous seasons where we've not quite got over the line, it makes perfect sense to have another go with a smaller and weakened squad.

We now know just how badly we're missing the committee approach to football management.

The money we save could go on additional medical staff. We'll need to get players back to fitness quicker with a smaller squad and with the emergency loan process no longer available. 

Who are the new players who you say will make all the difference? Are you psychic?

18 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

He's a confidence player. Build a team around him. "Right Lucas this is your season, we are going to build the team around you and get you early service into the channels so you can stretch the opposition. 

Show us you can do it from the start rather than supersub. 

Don't worry about missing chances just keep going, I want you to be our 20 goal a season man and we're going to play to your strengths". 

I promise you if we did this, and played Hooper and FF / Matias off him consistently throughout the season we'd destroy teams.

...starting with our own.

:duntmatter:

If we were to build our team around any one player, I doubt it would be Lucas Joào!