Burton v Owls live overseas

14 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

I'm wanting to sign up to ifollow, but at the moment I'm hanging fire until they actually televise a game to see the reaction.

Yep that's my thinking as well, they've promised 30fps but every video so far is 25fps which is very low for sport, I want to see the quality of one of their live broadcasts before I'll ever consider the £110 they want to put up in one go with zero chance of a refund (their own words).

I think that's the only SWFC game blacked out on Ifollow until the end of September. Which isn't bad.

Both Leeds and Derby each have at least 3 games blacked out over that period. No point paying for the service if you can't watch enough of the games.

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

I thought only Sky games were 'blacked out'?

The English Football League yesterday announced its new iFollow service, a new digital platform to provide coverage of the Championship, League One and League Two football to fans outside of the UK.

For £110 per season, overseas fans can access the platform, which provides full coverage of every game not shown by the broadcast rightsholder.

“We give our overseas broadcast partners a package of 148 games – essentially the same games as you see live on Sky Sports in the UK – so that leaves you with just over 1500 games which are essentially blacked out,” said Drew Barrand, Marketing Director, EFL.

Those blacked-out games won’t be lost to fans from next season if you’re outside of the UK, but the 148 games which are provided to broadcast partners won’t be made available through iFollow.

Exactly, I thought it was at the clubs discretion?  In other words, they would show matches on iFollow, if SWFC organised a camera, feed and commentary......but they haven't, for any pre-season game.  

If anyone is to 'blame' for the damp squib, it's Wednesday.