Hutton and mulgrew

23 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Do not agree, I think they would provide depth, experience and competition to the one area of the squad which requires it. Also, as someone has pointed out in another thread, they are both relatively cheap and signing them puts would put us in a less desperate situation in terms of negotiations and immediate-neediness for the likes of Hanley. 

Me using a 11in dildo on my wife would provide depth. It's not a good argument when we're looking for quality. 

Mulgrew yes, 6 ft 3, good left peg. That total kant Hutton my wife would be using the dildo on him he's a total taker. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I gave to say I'd be really pleased with the Mulgrew signing.  Closes a lot of gaps that we have in the squad.  As for Hutton, if it's a free then I'm ok with it.  He is better than Palmer.  It would allow us to make a profit on Liam or even better, get him out on loan for the season to s Bolton or a Burton where hopefully he play almost every game.  Let's see if he can actually hack it in this division or not because he's struggled with us so far.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Me using a 11in dildo on my wife would provide depth. It's not a good argument when we're looking for quality. 

Mulgrew yes, 6 ft 3, good left peg. That total kant Hutton my wife would be using the dildo on him he's a total taker. 

Are you ok dude?  Possibly logged on to wrong site? This is Owlstalk not bangtalk! :picnic:

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Everyone's going on about bringing in players that improve the first eleven. Signing Hutton would do this, more touch and go whether Mulgrew would? Probably depends where you play him. If at Left Back? Yes. If at Centre Half, probably Not?

Mulgrew would tide us over nicely, whilst Loovens gets up and running and we vie for someone like Hanley. Good utility player. Fixtures come thick and fast in August, EFL and early rounds of League Cup. We don't have the bodies to see us through in that position without compromising results. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Mulgrew would tide us over nicely, whilst Loovens gets up and running and we vie for someone like Hanley. Good utility player. Fixtures come thick and fast in August, EFL and early rounds of League Cup. We don't have the bodies to see us through in that position without compromising results. 

I think we'll get Hanley in on loan probably nearer deadline day.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think we'll get Hanley in on loan probably nearer deadline day.

So do I. 

Guest Grez Bez

Hutton had been terrible the last few years. Very disappointing if true unless for back up.

Mulgrew would provide good competition for L&L

1 hour ago, AwokenGiant said:

Do not agree, I think they would provide depth, experience and competition to the one area of the squad which requires it. Also, as someone has pointed out in another thread, they are both relatively cheap and signing them puts would put us in a less desperate situation in terms of negotiations and immediate-neediness for the likes of Hanley. 

Surely we need better players, not ones to provide competition, it should be the existing players providing competition for the better players we are bringing in, or we don't improve

4 minutes ago, the third man said:

Surely we need better players, not ones to provide competition, it should be the existing players providing competition for the better players we are bringing in, or we don't improve

Yes, that would seem to make sense

1 hour ago, AwokenGiant said:

Its a squad game now - so YES, on their day and in form they can and would be better than an an out-of-form, tired or injured player in same position.

The problem that most people have about both of them is age and one only has to look at the performances of the experienced Loovens over the last few seaons to look beyond this. 

Furthermore, over the last two seasons we have equaled and gone close to our clean sheet record, so not sure how much improvement at the back we need - depth/competition yes, improvement not imperative. 

Thing is I really feel like we need an improvement on Loovens to partner Lees. As well as Loovens has done over the last few years he does give the impression that his legs are starting to go a bit. I would be slightly concerned if he ends up as first choice centre back alongside Lees.

I think either Mulgrew or Hutton (preferably Mulgrew) would be fine as competition for the squad as long as they were in addition to someone like Hanley and not instead of.

Trying to find reasoning to Mulgrew signing ... 

Firstly we've obviously used up most of our FunFP budget, in the previous 2 years

4th choice CBs usually fall into 1 of these categories - 

Youngster

OAP living off past reputation

Cr*p

Utility player

I'm guessing Mulgrew is being viewed as a utility player ... with hopefully another CB signing too (likely Hanley on loan)

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

I know hunt is fashionable to slag off on here but I'm going to go against the grain and go with what I've seen. Hunt is the right age and getting better. Hutton is overrated and getting worse , we don't need to slow our team down even further . 

Agree with you on Hunt, think he's improving all the time and I'm relatively happy with him as first choice. 

New signings are always a bit lap of the gods. Whether they work or not is a mix of calculation and luck.

We don't seem to be after bums on seats type players but even players you hope would be nailed on to succeed sometimes don't - I can remember loads from Mirocevic through Chamberlain, Stainrod, Sinton- and we don't know how for example Rhodes and Abdi e.g. will end up.

Likewise players such as McCulloch, Madden, Big Viv, Lees etc have exceeded expectations. A lot of people - me included - wondered why we were signing Bannan. Now he's a vital squad member.

Let's hope CC/DC/ whoever gets it right - we won't know until we see how the team gels.