O'Grady and Thorniley

Both given an outing yesterday. With the talk from Carlos that clubs are asking ridiculous transfer fees for our CB targets could one or both of these 2 become our back up. Using Hutch as CB in rotation with Loovens and Lees and one of these 2 as back up is not ideal but could be in Carlos thinking. I think we will land at least one of our CB targets in the last days of the window but if we don't could one or both of these step up? 

Anyone who has seen these 2 youngsters play, what do you think?

3 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Based on what pal?

Hope

:star:

I know Football is international now and deals get done over the phone etc....

But with the squad and Carlos in Portugal and focusing on that, and Chansiri and family on holiday touring America I think we are a while away from anything.

Hope I'm wrong though 

lol

31 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

If we don't sign a quality centre half, after 3 seasons of it being glaringly obvious we needed one, it will be a tad disappointing.

While agree that a CB is needed,  our defensive performances in the last couple of seasons have been some of the best in our 150 years.

It is as easy to argue that what we've got it more than adequate.

1 minute ago, mike84 said:

While agree that a CB is needed,  our defensive performances in the last couple of seasons have been some of the best in our 150 years.

It is as easy to argue that what we've got it more than adequate.

The bigger picture is the impact of the defence on our overall tactics.

We have become overly slow in terms of build up,  and unpleasantly negative to protect them. 

Loovens also slows our build ups down with his pedestrian walking pace when he's in possession. That's not a criticism of him, as he's a great servant, more a reflection of the stage of his career, and his natural style.

Centre half needed to progress, nothing less.

31 minutes ago, BathgateBob said:

Think we should have offered Sasso another contract. 

No guarantees he would have accepted as he will want to be playing regularly and knows wouldn't be first choice this season.

How do you know we didn't? As you say, no guarantees he would have accepted it

14 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

The bigger picture is the impact of the defence on our overall tactics.

We have become overly slow in terms of build up,  and unpleasantly negative to protect them. 

Loovens also slows our build ups down with his pedestrian walking pace when he's in possession. That's not a criticism of him, as he's a great servant, more a reflection of the stage of his career, and his natural style.

Centre half needed to progress, nothing less.

I totally agree that we need to recruit to this area to move forwards.

When we were rubbish we got 2 great centre backs for next to nothing (Lees/Loovens). Now we are minted we can't buy a half decent one for mega money.

Strange how things work out.

I can't believe that there aren't any number of quality CB's on the continent who we could pick up for peanuts. Stat looking in Germany, Holland or some of the eastern European countries.

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Looks like we're preparing for that eventuality with CC covering the bases just in case the unthinkable happens. 

We all die? The country gets taken over by infected zombies? A meteor hits planet earth crippling our infrastructure and power supplies, causing a domino effect that will starve us all? Aliens invade from above and below, wiping out any trace of human life? Mcvities stop manufacturing milk chocolate hob nobs?

I don't think your jordan thorniley's gonna be much use then. Unless of course he's some sort of shape-shifting fire breathing demi-god, then i retract my statement.

Up the lobbers.