4-5-1 / 4-3-3 surely...

2 minutes ago, mike84 said:

Carlos has already said that we won't be looking at a different formation.

Surely he will stumble across the realisation we have to play all 3 of Hutch, Lee & Bannan and he has already realised FF is best on the wing. Therefore by default we have to play 1 striker.

My only conclusions for a 4-4-2 is Kieran Lee right mid. Or the 3 midfielders in the centre with FF at the tip of a diomond behind 2 strikers.

13 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Surely he will stumble across the realisation we have to play all 3 of Hutch, Lee & Bannan and he has already realised FF is best on the wing. Therefore by default we have to play 1 striker.

My only conclusions for a 4-4-2 is Kieran Lee right mid. Or the 3 midfielders in the centre with FF at the tip of a diomond behind 2 strikers.

Let carlos sort it

Just now, Greenhgate Owl said:

Westwood

hunt lees ? Pudil

Boyd hutch lee ff

Rhodes Hooper

No Bannan? Personally think Bannan is brilliant. Im from Manchester so watched a lot of away games of tele last year with mates who arnt wednesdayites. They always seemed to think Bannan looked our best player.

13 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

No Bannan? Personally think Bannan is brilliant. Im from Manchester so watched a lot of away games of tele last year with mates who arnt wednesdayites. They always seemed to think Bannan looked our best player.

Your opinion is automatically invalid if you're from Manchester. 

31 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

We won't play with Lee, Bannan & Hutch in midfield next season.

My guess is 

FF/Reach   Abdi  Lee   Wallace/Boyd

I'm fairly sure it'll be:

Nando/Reach  - Bannan - Lee/Abdi/Jones - Boyd

It would have been Nando nailed on for the left, but Reach is making a case in preseason.

Bannan, I don't think Carlos thinks is droppable from the side. While some on here complain about him, he does retain possession well and his distribution is excellent. There's no one else in the side who can spread play like he does. He doesn't get a lot of assists but he is involved in the build up of soo many goals for us.

Lee and Abdi are similar in that they both play slightly ahead of center mid and link to the forwards. I don't think we're likely to see them together in the midfield very often, if ever, as a result. Jones is still a useful guy to have if we're playing more of a counterattacking style for a particular game. So I think they'll rotate depending on the requirement and Abdi will fight Lee for the 'normal' starting spot.

Boyd is a sure thing to start on the right for 90% of games. His workrate is 2nd to none and while he's not as spectacular as Wallace can be, he's a lot more consistent. Teams will hate playing against him at this level.

34 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I agree, Bannan is our best player. Not because he's amazingly gifted in terms of shooting or skill, but he orchestrates our attack from the centre. Almost every goal goes through him switching the ball from side to side or whipping crosses in to great places.

6 minutes ago, cookeh said:

I'm fairly sure it'll be:

Nando/Reach  - Bannan - Lee/Abdi/Jones - Boyd

It would have been Nando nailed on for the left, but Reach is making a case in preseason.

Bannan, I don't think Carlos thinks is droppable from the side. While some on here complain about him, he does retain possession well and his distribution is excellent. There's no one else in the side who can spread play like he does. He doesn't get a lot of assists but he is involved in the build up of soo many goals for us.

Lee and Abdi are similar in that they both play slightly ahead of center mid and link to the forwards. I don't think we're likely to see them together in the midfield very often, if ever, as a result. Jones is still a useful guy to have if we're playing more of a counterattacking style for a particular game. So I think they'll rotate depending on the requirement and Abdi will fight Lee for the 'normal' starting spot.

Boyd is a sure thing to start on the right for 90% of games. His workrate is 2nd to none and while he's not as spectacular as Wallace can be, he's a lot more consistent. Teams will hate playing against him at this level.

You backing Hutch for centre back then. I mean Einsteins definition of insanty is doing the same things over and over again and expecting differant results. Remember how badly we were doing last season before restoring Hutch to the midfield?

Edited by Fibonacci91

32 minutes ago, mike84 said:

We won't play with Lee, Bannan & Hutch in midfield next season.

My guess is 

FF/Reach   Abdi  Lee   Wallace/Boyd

Carlos will play Jones in a midfield two before Abdi in my opinion. And even he still behind Lee, Bannan and Hutchinson.

12 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

You backing Hutch for centre back then. I mean Einsteins definition of insanty is doing the same things over and over again and expecting differant results. Remember how badly we were doing last season before restoring Hutch to the midfield?

We had a great run for 2 months (end of august to end of october) with him at centerback.. 8 games, 6 wins, no losses. the only 2 games we lost in that period were when he was suspended. Similarly our 6 game win streak at the end was without him even in the side.

I like him a lot, but I don't think Hutch is vital.

38 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Was it really switching Hutch to CM that improved us, or was it getting rid of that awful "tactic" of playing with one winger and 3 CMs?

Later in the season when Hutch was out, we enjoyed great success because we played largely a balanced side. 

For me he should play CB, or not play. Unless Carlos really wants a super-tightened approach in the odd game such as Villa or Boro away.

33 minutes ago, cookeh said:

We had a great run for 2 months (end of august to end of october) with him at centerback.. 8 games, 6 wins, no losses. the only 2 games we lost in that period were when he was suspended. Similarly our 6 game win streak at the end was without him even in the side.

I like him a lot, but I don't think Hutch is vital.

Hutchinson is a very good player both at centre back and defensive midfielder. Problem is he and Bannan are to similar in the position they take up deep to play effectively together. 

(Holds breath now and waits for stats that prove me wrong.)

lol

Edited by pazowl55