Had a lot of stick since he signed for us but has scored two screamers in pre-season so far hoping he can become the player we all think he can be just needs to be played in one position rather then moved around all the time hoping reach and Boyd can provide the much needed service to Rhodes he will get a hatfull with the right service 

If Reach really does kick on from the wing it creates another selection dilemma for Carlos. He has already said FF will play mainly wide.

Great to have so many excellent options, but he needs to handle it well.

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, Bexy1977 said:

Reach at LWB, Fox as back up and Pudil as 4th Choice CB is think

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Hutch

Reach

Boyd

Lee

Bannan

Fessi

Hooper

Rhodes

think that's what he'll go with, not my choices

Looks good to me.

Seems to be his movement that's different. He looks like he's freer to move about the pitch and it's when he comes more central that he's that goal threat. Whether that's instruction from Carlos, a side effect of Fox wanting to overlap a lot, or purely a preseason thing "i dont care i'm going wandering and having a pop at goal" remains to be seen. Fingers crossed it's the first two and he can carry it in to the league games.

Before pre-season started I'd thought he'd be a good shout for left back, with Nando on the wing, but he's making a good case to be used further forwards now, and putting him at left back would surely shut down all the contributions he's making right now.

Like Holmowl says, it becomes a dilemma for Carlos. A good one to have, but how happy would Nando be to spend a while sat on the bench if Reach is on form and contributing every game?

54 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Had a lot of stick since he signed for us but has scored two screamers in pre-season so far hoping he can become the player we all think he can be just needs to be played in one position rather then moved around all the time hoping reach and Boyd can provide the much needed service to Rhodes he will get a hatfull with the right service 

This is a really good point and I hope he keeps playing this way as he looks like he could really develop into the player everyone hoped he would be when we spent five million on him as it seems that there is definitely a very good player in there be it at left back or left wing or maybe even centrally he looks like he's showing a lot more confidence now and could be an important part of the puzzle as long as he gets a good run in the side I think that this is going to be the season for Adam Reach to prove he's a top Championship performer

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

If Reach really does kick on from the wing it creates another selection dilemma for Carlos. He has already said FF will play mainly wide.

Great to have so many excellent options, but he needs to handle it well.

lol

Is FF playing on the left all you think about? 

Genuinely, 99% of your posts are about this. Never known anyone as obsessed with one single aspect of our club.

50 minutes ago, Bexy1977 said:

Reach at LWB, Fox as back up and Pudil as 4th Choice CB is think

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Hutch

Reach

Boyd

Lee

Bannan

Fessi

Hooper

Rhodes

think that's what he'll go with, not my choices

11 terrific players, each in their best role, full of balance, energy and goals.

Mot sure why you don't wnt it.

It's one of the things that really frustrates me about our fans; people call for us to sign more up and coming talent, rather than tried and tested 30 somethings. We sign Reach, everyone instantly moans we've paid too much and then slate the lad every time he makes a mistake.

The problem with younger players is they take time to acclimatise, settle into how the team play and at least in Adam Reach's case, get used to the weight of expectation. 

I don't think he was faultless last season, far from it, but I do feel he has all the physical and technical aspects to be a really effective player at this level. The more support he receives from coaching staff and fans, then the quicker we'll see the player fulfilling his potential.

Pleased to hear he's made a good start in pre season, keep it up Adam!

Reach is a prime example of a young player bought for a substantial fee that has clear attributes and needed time to settle. Unfortunately some of our fans either couldn't see this or weren't willing to acknowledge it and expected him to hit the ground running. Hence some of the unfair criticism.

I suspect/hope Reach will play as an attacking left back which he will be able to be in what looks like being a narrow/compact midfield. For me he's the best player at the club to play this role with Hunt on the other side. He could be a really important player next season and seasons to come. Decent crosser of the ball, gets about pitch very well, works very hard, great energy, decent shot on him, versatile and clearly has a good attitude. Time to harness his potential and help him by supporting him not criticising unnecessarily.

Reach as LB overlapping FF would be foooooking frightening frees space for FF to have a punt when ball lands at feet also Reach crossing and his ability to shoot now . . . Omg I think I just got too exited I'm sticky haha

Its pre season and he'splayed games against Alfreton, Mansfield and some Portugese nobodies. I refuse to judge any of our players off the back of games against teams of this caliber. 

I hope it is the turning point for the lad as we made a big investment to bring him here. Sadly, we've all seen him against half decent players for 40 odd games in a season and he's been naff. 

Fingers crossed though

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

Its pre season and he'splayed games against Alfreton, Mansfield and some Portugese nobodies. I refuse to judge any of our players off the back of games against teams of this caliber. 

I hope it is the turning point for the lad as we made a big investment to bring him here. Sadly, we've all seen him against half decent players for 40 odd games in a season and he's been naff. 

Fingers crossed though

I wish you'd refuse to judge our players full stop. Carlos and the coaches play him all the time...Not just in warm ups.

I'm sure caliber was a type of non alcohol beer.