Leicester bid for George Hirst

£1m is a joke for a young English player of his potential, but it reflects how other clubs will try to take the piiss because he only has a year left on his contract. 

Really hope we can get him to sign a new long term deal. 

Guessing the management might regret weeing Hirst senior off. Can see George letting his contract run down, us getting 350k for him, 2 years time transfers to Man U or somet for 35 million and goes on to beat Rooney's scoring record for England. Only way I can see this not happening is if he gets game time for the first XI but I can't see that happening anytime soon. 

He's less proven than Vardy was when they bought him for £1m, I certainly wouldn't call it a derisory offer as Hirst's professional future is still uncertain.

That said, given that we appear to have no money issues I wouldn't sell him at that price either. He seems to be worth gambling on keeping for the potential he's showing.

1 hour ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Guessing the management might regret weeing Hirst senior off. Can see George letting his contract run down, us getting 350k for him, 2 years time transfers to Man U or somet for 35 million and goes on to beat Rooney's scoring record for England. Only way I can see this not happening is if he gets game time for the first XI but I can't see that happening anytime soon. 

When did the management wee wee Hirst Sr off?

He was the the one touting his son to the big boys behind the clubs back.

13 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

I was very surprised they didn't take him on preseason tour. Some of the other youngsters have gone & it would have been perfect time to give him some experience & convince him on that new contract.

Very true that.

All those saying the bid is a joke, they can roger off etc do you realise that he is in the final year of his contract and will leave for next to nothing next summer. 

The club have virtually no power at all in this situation, the ball is entirely in Hirst's court.