Stoke City have announced that free coach travel will continue to all away league games for a fifth consecutive season.

Not an expectancy that we should get anything like that but, as someone who has done plenty of miles over the last couple of years, it is great to see a club giving something back to fans who want to make the away trip - for what I would imagine is a fairly nominal cost in the grand scheme of football today.

Unfortunately feel that there is no one with the marketing nous or will to offer this kind of gesture inside S6.

5 minutes ago, DielnaFromDistance said:

Stoke City have announced that free coach travel will continue to all away league games for a fifth consecutive season.

Not an expectancy that we should get anything like that but, as someone who has done plenty of miles over the last couple of years, it is great to see a club giving something back to fans who want to make the away trip - for what I would imagine is a fairly nominal cost in the grand scheme of football today.

Unfortunately feel that there is no one with the marketing nous or will to offer this kind of gesture inside S6.

5 coaches is peanuts for clubs in the Premier League. 

Good gesture / idea though 

Edited by Rogers

34 minutes ago, wiggy said:

We sell out a decent percentage of away games. Does the club really need to offer this? I'd say no. 

Stoke don't do it to sell allocations out, they always took a good following anyway - just as we would sell out every away allocation in PL. They do it to give something back to fans, a novel and rare idea in English football.

1 hour ago, DielnaFromDistance said:

Stoke don't do it to sell allocations out, they always took a good following anyway - just as we would sell out every away allocation in PL. They do it to give something back to fans, a novel and rare idea in English football.

I know what your saying. But I never understand this constant feeling that the club owe us something. I choose to buy my season ticket, I choose to pay my money to travel away. 

I don't go to the cinema expecting a free ticket for fast and the furious 6 because I've been to the other 5. It's a choice of pay your money or don't. 

Appreciate everybody views these these things differently, but I don't want or expect anything from the club for nowt as it's my choice to go.

2 minutes ago, wiggy said:

I know what your saying. But I never understand this constant feeling that the club owe us something. I choose to buy my season ticket, I choose to pay my money to travel away. 

I don't go to the cinema expecting a free ticket for fast and the furious 6 because I've been to the other 5. It's a choice of pay your money or don't. 

Appreciate everybody views these these things differently, but I don't want or expect anything from the club for nowt as it's my choice to go.

Its rude to not accept something that someone gives you. 

It's actually a good idea 

we could give a coach firm sponsor ship for a stand or be one of the clubs main sponsors for free and in return we get free coach travel 

Not only making the fans happier with the option of free travel but the coach firm happier with low price advertisement 

21 hours ago, wiggy said:

I don't feel like the club owe me anything at all, why would that even be a consideration? Been to nearly every game in the last two seasons so that is a million miles from my actual point.

My point is that clearly for any club able to do it, it gives something back to fans and even if it was just for one game a season, would be seen as a positive move. 

21 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Stoke have never taken good followings away???!??  Where did you get that from?

Not good compared to the "big" clubs or well followed like us, but again, not my overall point.

Their press statement says that pre-free coach travel they took an average of 1400-1500 at each game. With travel its 1800-1900 at each game. So it is more a case of them giving back to loyal fans than actually boosting away attendance massively. 

23 hours ago, DielnaFromDistance said:

and they have frozen season ticket prices for the 10th season running. I would love to see Wednesday do something like this but until we get premier league money, it isn't going to happen

Edited by matt68owls

19 hours ago, Owl14 said:

It's actually a good idea 

we could give a coach firm sponsor ship for a stand or be one of the clubs main sponsors for free and in return we get free coach travel 

Not only making the fans happier with the option of free travel but the coach firm happier with low price advertisement 

Exactly. Pro-active thinking and opening up discussions with local people/businesses - how can it do any harm

No ta. Would rather us spend money on the team than a gimmick like this. Wouldn't use it even it was available. Only been on a coach once in recent times and it was bloody horrible. No booze, bingo and quizzes, only having a p at set times. .......no ta!

Guest The Claw
On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 12:45, fatbloke no1 said:

Sooner pay for train than go on fruit gum,straight there and back and no ale

can anyone explain 'fruit gum' please?

4 hours ago, The Claw said:

can anyone explain 'fruit gum' please?

Nickname for Inter City Owl coaches.

No ale, just pop, crisps and fruit gums. Might be a saying for the older uns, used to hear it regularly 25 years ago.

"Are you going on train, booze bus, in car or wi fruit gum?" 

It was always a last resort to go with said "fruit gum"