Hi, new to forum and needing some info, I'm able to attend Qpr game but need to be on a train from Sheffield at 1721, can anyone advise how best to achieve this,  leave early? Bus or tram?  Pre book a taxi, if so where to get it to wait etc.

Any help much appeciated

3 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I would order a taxi 4.40ish but pick up facing towards town. You don't want to have to negotiate roundabouts etc. Near the end of the game

This seems best option,  where would I book it to pick me up from.

Thanks for the replies

We usually park behind Hillsborough leisure centre so get it to pick u up from back of there leave match 5-10 mins early run down the road it's not far you'll be at station before your train guaranteed. We live in Rotherham and usually we're at home for around 5.10pm so town should be no problem. Hope this helps. WAWAW

are you much of a runner? lol its only a half joke you could jog away from the crowds of hillborough in the right direction then grab a cab the rest of the way if possible

you'll def have to leave early either way though id imagine

5 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I would order a taxi 4.40ish but pick up facing towards town. You don't want to have to negotiate roundabouts etc. Near the end of the game

This. Order it to pick you from the Bowling Green on Middlewood Road. Reason is, if yours lets you down, there are always a few black cabs parked up waiting for fares after the match. 

Someone suggested the tram. Would not risk it, unless I was leaving around 430ish, and you have to faff about walking down from the hole in the road. 

2 hours ago, darklord said:

Helicopter,  will pick you up from edge of 18 yard box just make sure there's not a corner at the time 

The pilot would get a red card though. One yellow for entering the pitch without the referees permission, and the other for descent.

Bucket 'o' fishhhhhhh.