Our Squad

Westwood 

Wildsmith 

Dawson 

3 is enough can't see us going in for a GO and can't see us selling Westwood so I think this will be our 3 for the season. Kean? Think he will leave if he hasn't already. 

Palmer 

Hunt 

Lees

Loovens 

Hutchinson 

Pudil 

Fox 

2 Rbs 2 Lbs and 3 Cbs so 1 more centre half needed. With Hutchinson being injured I think we will bring in 1 extra... a younger player on a 6 month loan deal and go for another CB in Jan. 

Wallace

Boyd

Abdi

Lee

Bannan

Jones

Reach

Forestieri 

Matias 

Think that's about right and will probably stay as is unless we lose FF. 9 midfielders and the option of Hutch when fit if needed means we have enough now.

Fletcher

Hooper

Joao 

Rhodes

Winnall

Nuhiu 

Can see one of these strikers leaving and my bet would be Winnall as he is the one for me who doesn't offer anything which we don't already have. 

Rhodes - Poacher

Hooper - Link Man 

Fletcher - Target Man 

Joao - Raw Pace 

Nuhiu - Physicality 

So for me I think 2 more signings on top of Rhodes and Boyd will make it 4 as promised.

2 Cbs 

I think Hanley or Morrison will be one and the other will be a cheaper option from the Premiership who will of played in Championship before................

D. Holding anyone.....?

Ideally I'd want an upgraded FB for each side, a bit of physical presence in CM, 2 CBS and a bit of pace who can give us something different if needed 

In reality 2 CBS and a CDM should suffice 

Edited by modboy

Don't know why people on here are so against winnall, he's proved that he can compete and score at this level and everytime he did, he got dropped, we got him for peanuts and will also make a profit on him when we do sell him on, just dunno what he has to do to show he just as good as some of the strikers we have here 

5 hours ago, Retford_Owl said:

1 Westwood 

2 Wildsmith 

25 Dawson 

16 Palmer 

32 Hunt 

15 Lees

-- Loovens 

24 Hutchinson 

5 Pudil 

21 Fox 

33 Wallace

26 Boyd

7 Abdi

-- Lee

41 Bannan

4 Jones

19 Reach

45 Forestieri 

7 Matias 

11 Fletcher

8 Hooper

18 Joao 

17 Rhodes

24 Winnall

22 Nuhiu 

I'm a bit bored with the lack of official news from the club, so I'm keeping myself entertained by looking at potential squad numbers (based on shirts after the two friendly fixtures)

any news on the home kit yet 

lol 

I still think Lee could play at RB, lots of pace and even won player of year for Oldham in this position . I also think CC will start to play Reach at LB with FF on left. Both very hard working and would cover each other.  One CB required urgently

Very sensible OP.  

I share the view of others that we should strengthen at RB.  Sadly I don't think Palmer is quite there for a top six team and if we were signing two more players I would prefer 1 cb/1 rb to 2 cb.  

Hutch of course also is a CM option.  RB option too, some say, but he hasn't played there for some time.

The question then arises are there any of the youngsters likely to be ready?  My untutored eye picked out Matt Penney but (if I have this right) he didn't get much of a look in when on loan at Bradford.  I think Stobbs might be a possibility.  My hunch is that he won't quite make it big and he'll end up with a perfectly respectable "league one" career.  But he appears to have some pace and physicality that could be used off the bench.

22 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I would rather we keep Winnall.  He is still relatively young and gives his all whenever he has played. Has a reasonable amount of physicality and can head a ball as he proved with Barnsley.

Fletcher....getting on a bit.

Nuhiu.......sorry but cannot see what he gives to the team on the pitch. Lovely guy ..heart of a lion but......

Fletcher just turned 30 so wouldn't say he's getting on a bit yet.

Definitely the priority needs to be two centre backs.  as for the forwards, I really don't see what Nuhiu brings to the squad and for the sake of getting rid of another wage, I'd sell if possible, or simply tell him he's free to find another club.  Not sure what the financial implications of that would be as I neither know what he's paid, nor the length remaining on his contract, but I can't imagine it would be too serious.