Team - If we start with this squad

We have been told. It's 442. FF will play mainly wide.

We have three very winnable games to kick us off. If we start with the current squad, all fit except Hutch, who do you personally want to see playing those positions early season? 

Here's mine...

Westwood

Hunt Lees Loovens Reach

Boyd Bannan Lee FF

Rhodes Hooper

Difficult decisions over Fletch and Wallace for Hooper and Boyd. But that shows how strong competition for places will be.

Im hugely optimistic about the squad, the team, and our chances.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We have three very winnable games to kick us off. If we start with the current squad, all fit except Hutch, who do you personally want to see playing those positions early season? 

Here's mine...

Westwood

Hunt Lees Loovens Reach

Boyd Bannan Lee FF

Rhodes Hooper

Difficult decisions over Fletch and Wallace for Hooper and Boyd. But that shows how strong competition for places will be.

I'd go with the same as you pal.

Just now, Holmowl said:

Here's mine...

Westwood

Hunt Lees Loovens Reach

Boyd Bannan Lee FF

Rhodes Hooper

I agree mainly with that team.

If not playing against a pacey winger I would play Pudil ahead of Reach.

Personally I want to see Abdi play more. However if FF is starting wide and Lee is popping up everywhere I can't help but feel Jones is the man to knit everything together.

Therefore, for balance, Jones gets the nod ahead of Bannan for me.

That cross by Reach was quality yesterday, Rhodes needs crosses like that and he will score goals. Would like to see Reach given the chance to do that. Also I wouldn't mind Abdi being given a chance ahead of Bannan possibly. Still think the team needs one or two improvement but we have the majority of a very strong team. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

18 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Here's mine...

Westwood

Hunt Lees Loovens Reach

Boyd Bannan Lee FF

Rhodes Hooper

Very light weight in the middle.

Lee isn't a midfield general and pushes very deep which leaves Bannon as your holding midfielder....which isn't preferred.

4-4-2 just doesn't cut it for me and excludes Abdi and Hutchinson.

Edited by fatzooma

2 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Lee isn't a midfield general and pushes very deep which leaves Bannon as your holding midfielder....which isn't preferred.

Yes but we know CC wants to play 4-4-2 so all talk otherwiseis a waste of time.

18 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Here's mine...

Westwood

Hunt Lees Loovens Reach

Boyd Bannan Lee FF

Rhodes Hooper

Most people would have spaffed their pants a couple of years ago at the possibility of that team turning out . 

The only obvious improvements would be a beast of a centre half that can play and a right back who can deliver cross after cross . 

22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Here's mine...

Westwood

Hunt Lees Loovens Reach

Boyd Bannan Lee FF

Rhodes Hooper

That would be mine, which means we didn't replace Loovens or bring in a centre midfielder which is what i feel is needed.

If all the players are fit we know that Hutch, Lee and Bannan will all start, that leaves FF or Boyd for the other midfield place with Reach, Loovens, Lees and Hunt at the back, and any two from FF, Hooper and Rhodes up front

Edited by the third man

23 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

Really think it would benefit us if we could get bannan, Lee and either abdi or hutch in a middle 3.

Just can't think how that would affect our shape, but with the 3rd midfielder sitting deeper, allowing the full backs to get forward 

27 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

But given that we have had it confirmed that it's 442 again (which is hardly a surprise after two seasons playing it), what 11 names would you personally put on your team sheet in August. 

4 minutes ago, the third man said:

If all the players are fit we know that Hutch, Lee and Bannan will all start, that leaves FF or Boyd for the other midfield place with Reach, Loovens, Lees and Hunt at the back, and any two from FF, Hooper and Rhodes up front

And this is exactly the thinking that requires either a system change to accommodate or for Carlos to stop f*cking doing it.

Hutch, Lee and Bannan all starting in the same 442 - assuming Hutch isn't going to be considered a CB again - means Bannan plays wide left.

If I see Bannan on the left this season with FF, Reach or Boyd fit but on the bench then I want Carlos gone by the time I get home. 

That sh*t hasn't been cutting it and this is the season that will cost Carlos his job if he doesn't address some of this stuff. We NEED to put an end to those 3 all having to play if they're fit. 

15 minutes ago, Stoop said:

FF and Reach together on the left would be a disaster away from home against a good side, against poor opposition like Sheffield United and Millwall it'd work perfectly tho

:star:

We have Preston away and QPR and Sunderland at home.

What would you pick in your 442?