OMDT - Stags vs Owls

Field Mill, 3pm Saturday 15th July. 

Looking forward to seeing whether we can turn these over as easily as we did their neighbours in Alfreton. 

I don't think we've played them very often, I just remember an awful day around Easter 1977, our near death

(div 4 at any rate) experience season. Queued for ages and got inside 10 minutes in and we were already 2-0

down. Next day though we beat Halifax Town at Hillsborough, 1-0, Phil Henson scored I think.

And it's been a right rollercoaster ever since! Up the owls!

Yours truly is making an appearance today. What is it about Wednesday we are playing Mansfield away in a pre season friendly and this 50 something year old is as excited as a kid on Christmas day morning lol

Edited by Geedee

6 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

Field Mill, 3pm Saturday 15th July. 

Looking forward to seeing whether we can turn these over as easily as we did their neighbours in Alfreton. 

I don't think we've played them very often, I just remember an awful day around Easter 1977, our near death

(div 4 at any rate) experience season. Queued for ages and got inside 10 minutes in and we were already 2-0

down. Next day though we beat Halifax Town at Hillsborough, 1-0, Phil Henson scored I think.

And it's been a right rollercoaster ever since! Up the owls!

Remember that day aswell 75/76 season, we were a poor side back then but still took thousands there, in the days you could just turn up and get in, I was only 11 went with my dad and brother.

Lost the game 3-0 and I think Mansfield went on to win promotion to the old 2nd Division.

Other memories are going there when Andy McCulloch got his 100th goal in our promotion season of 79/80 and a shocking performance under sturrock in pre season when we got dumped 4-0 around about 2006!

This should be a decent game. Evo'll have them fired up, and will approach it as he would were it an FA cup game I reckon. He was nettled by the last two defeats he's suffered to us, so he'll be keen to get stuck in. They're also playing bonny 'Boro and Forest in friendlies, so in spite of what we say about him he's not bottled it.

10 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

This should be a decent game. Evo'll have them fired up, and will approach it as he would were it an FA cup game I reckon. He was nettled by the last two defeats he's suffered to us, so he'll be keen NOT to get stuck in THE BOG. They're also playing bonny 'Boro and Forest in friendlies, so in spite of what we say about him he's not bottled it.

That reads better

Just been reading about the Sandy Pate bar. Apparently, Pate played in a near seven year run of 366 consecutive appearances for the Stags in all competitions. Mansfield should have the bogs named after Evo, owing to the number of times he's been stuck in them. lol