Early signings

Good to see our aim of making signings early is bearing fruit. One out of contract winger so far. Heady times indeed.

I see we are also sticking with a 442 (no idea where to play people formation) for next season. I'm not overly optimistic at this point for next season. I hope I'm wrong.

7 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Good to see our aim of making signings early is bearing fruit. One out of contract winger so far. Heady times indeed.

I see we are also sticking with a 442 (no idea where to play people formation) for next season. I'm not overly optimistic at this point for next season. I hope I'm wrong.

Image result for yoda  negative

9 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Get to the lane mate .

I will say it again. If you want to sign out of contract players from Hartlepool it is very easy. If you want top quality ( i.e. Better than what we have) it is very difficult as you will be competing with lower prem top notch championship clubs. These sort of players don't jump at the first offer they get, they let their agents work their nads off to get the best deal they can.

im sure some of our fans would like us to sign dross just so we have something to talk about. Still a month to go, and it may take even longer to land our top targets. Bit of patience needed I think

13 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Do I detect a hint of pessimism.:columbo:

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I will say it again. If you want to sign out of contract players from Hartlepool it is very easy. If you want top quality ( i.e. Better than what we have) it is very difficult as you will be competing with lower prem top notch championship clubs. These sort of players don't jump at the first offer they get, they let their agents work their nads off to get the best deal they can.

im sure some of our fans would like us to sign dross just so we have something to talk about. Still a month to go, and it may take even longer to land our top targets. Bit of patience needed I think

So why say we will complete early..... Just say we will sign when the time is right

14 minutes ago, Plonk said:

There is some truth in this but Huddersfield got their business done early again for the second season in succession.  Their acquisitions would have been highly sought after as well.

Bullen made a statement saying we wanted to get our business done early and apart from the Boyd signing, it has gone very quiet.

Confident of top 6 but we just don't have that balance for top 2 in my opinion.