Meeting Nuhiu

So Atdhe came into my work pretty late last night to grab some food with his missus.

Absolutely lovely bloke, really couldn't have been any nicer. Didn't want to bother him too much so just had a brief chat after he ate and grabbed a quick picture. 

This got me thinking what are some of your guys experiences of meeting Wednesday players (past and present). Who and where was you and did you stop and speak? Thought it could be something interesting to talk about in the dark and driery days of off season. 

Oh I also met Chris Waddle once about 10 or so years ago. His son was playing in the same football tournament as me so I went over and grabbed Chrissy's signature and nervously said thank you. Still have it up on my wall today mind. 

Guest Bagarri

Once saw Giles De Bilde, hugging his girlfriend, looking very lost and confused in Meadowhell! You could see him thinking 'what have I done'......I had no interest in speaking to him.

If you work in Meadowhall you'll see tons of them especially palmer, semester, loovens ect...

had a chat with bothroyd a couple days before signing for us, ripping insoles out of the shoes too the wee pipe head.

Had tons of convos with Clinton Morrison. He's such a nice person always seeing him stopping and having conversations with public in the my old works and out n around Meadowhell.

Oh and llerra was in pretty much everyday.

1 minute ago, Animal said:

If you work in Meadowhall you'll see tons of them especially palmer, semester, loovens ect...

had a chat with bothroyd a couple days before signing for us, ripping insoles out of the shoes too the wee pipe head.

Had tons of convos with Clinton Morrison. He's such a nice person always seeing him stopping and having conversations with public in the my old works and out n around Meadowhell.

I used to work in one of the Meadowhall restaurants and never actually saw that many Wednesdays player. Only Jermaine Johnson if memory serves. In all fairness the second I finished work I pretty much ran out of the building and wouldn't ever venture near MeadowHELL for one of my days off. 

Met Waddle loads of times when he was playing football against my dad's team. Nice bloke.

Hirsty lived down the road from me when I was little and my dad egged me on to knock on his door and ask for his autograph. Result! Hand signed postcard in the famous ASDA strip. @dan27 will appreciate that.

Met various other players from local sides lots when I was dragged to watch my dad, including wandering into the Barnsley dressing room once by accident. Favourite ever was Phil King, who signed my paper plate at some random disco.

Also, in 1999 or so I started my football coaching courses and ex players used to pop over to do bits and bobs and I think David Wetherall must have started his coaching stuff then because he came by the ground to do a spot of coaching and promote the then Hillsborough first aid in sport thingy. Or it could have been another ex Wednesday defender, it's a bit foggy but I'm sure it was him.

24 minutes ago, Animal said:

New player? You ITK? lol