The first, and not last extended highlights of the season

Only pre-season friendly highlights against much lower opposition, but:

-Fox looked really good. Really willing to get forward and putting in good balls. I know a lot of us have deemed he's blown hot and cold and almost universally been written off as not really quite enough to be a first team regular in a top 2 side... but he looked sharp. Really good way to start your pre-season

-How long has Reach had any sort of shot on him? Needs to keep showing that off... looked a bit of a player in that... let's see if he can keep that up 

-Hooper looked relatively slimmer than all the others considering he's always got a bit of bulk on him. Seems he's really worked on keeping the timber off this summer, and that can only be a good thing. A Gary Hooper where we don't need to wait a month for him to get going is a ruddy dangerous thing for the rest of the league

-Atdhe wasted his annual goal in this game. Gosh darn it lol

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

-Fox looked really good. Really willing to get forward and putting in good balls. I know a lot of us have deemed he's blown hot and cold and almost universally been written off as not really quite enough to be a first team regular in a top 2 side... but he looked sharp. Really good way to start your pre-season

-How long has Reach had any sort of shot on him? Needs to keep showing that off... looked a bit of a player in that... let's see if he can keep that up 

-Hooper looked relatively slimmer than all the others considering he's always got a bit of bulk on him. Seems he's really worked on keeping the timber off this summer, and that can only be a good thing. A Gary Hooper where we don't need to wait a month for him to get going is a ruddy dangerous thing for the rest of the league

Gotta love Dave, classy finish for his goal though to end a lovely move

8 minutes ago, Jesus said:

And no matter how much stick he gets on here, everything goes through Bannan.

Ill admit that last season I was one of his biggest critics, but when he's put in the middle and is given license to roam he just pulls all the strings. Really need to see him do this more this season with help from the management team of course.

12 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Always has under Carlos. That's why it's absurd that people all drop him and say they can't find a place for him in our set up

Will always be first choice under Carlos he just needs to find a way to push him 10 yards further up the field. 

Edited by pazowl55

1 hour ago, SupremeOwl said:

Ill admit that last season I was one of his biggest critics, but when he's put in the middle and is given license to roam he just pulls all the strings. Really need to see him do this more this season with help from the management team of course.

Agree 100%, however the opening 10-15 seconds of the highlights where he was too deep and gave the ball away, just show that he doesn't need to be anywhere near there during a game.

Overall, some decent football played and a good start to the preseason.

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Fox was the best player last night by a long way.

I think we see the best of Bannan when he's given the chance to pull the strings in the middle of the park. I think he got most of the criticism last season when Carlos kept on playing him out wide which meant he couldn't play his natural game

11 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Did Alfreton have more than 5 touches.

Love how were constantly pro-active and keep the ball constantly ticking over.

Hopefully the passing along the back line will be a thing of the past.

14 hours ago, Jesus said:

I was thinking this all the way through the highlights.

The heartbeat of our team. Love to watch him play.....

centrally.

Bannan is the central playmaker and gets on the ball alot when he plays, nobody is arguing with that.

The argument is whether a different playmaker (abdi) would score more goals, deliver better free kicks and killer passes and just be more effective.