We were never going to get a top 10premiership side as most of them are involved in tours. Even Everton have gone to Tanzania.

A decent dutch side / Spanish / Portuguese would have been my choice but I would imagine the same rule applies. What is frustrating is that the word prestigious was used I believe which leads you to believe it could /should have been a much better standard of opponents, especially for our 150th anniversary.

However, it is what it is folks. 

6 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Why's that? I get some fans don't get what happened last time but fact is there is a mutual respect between both sets of fans. 

You dont like it, don't go. 

I won't. 

I'll be on holiday. 

The whole lovefest was tinpot, something the pigs would do. 

1 hour ago, offalyowl said:

Definitely would have preferred Celtic over Rangers, their the champions of Scotland and went unbeaten but as was already pointed out, love to be a premiership team like arsenal or manure just to see how we compare to them 

Don't want those c we ltic fans down here.  They are like ginger Millwall fans lol

3 hours ago, Mr Mercury said:

I cannot believe some of the comments I've read on this subject. Rangers are one of the World's biggest football clubs with support & Worldwide appeal, we could only dream about. Ok, they are doing poorly at present but come on ! Some of our fans are so deluded & up there own ar5es with our "massiveness" its unreal. Like has been mentioned already , its stated that this game is "part of the 150 year celebrations", bring it on.

Totally agree. It will be s cracking day.

some would sooner have had a PL club who would bring 1,000 fans n only have 2 stands open!! 

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

sorry but rangers is nothing close to a marquee friendly, I would have had anyone in the PL over them

Really? Half the PL now is made up of no-mark clubs like Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Palace, Huddersfield, Brighton etc etc. We'd be lucky if any of them brought more than a coach load. Much happier playing a club with real tradition that will bring a big, vociferous following and generate a superb atmosphere.

Should also be a nice confidence boosting run out for us, before the season starts.

3 minutes ago, ANDY said:

No matter who we played.

some wednesday fans would moan just for the sake of moaning

I don't like it for the fact of the quality of the opposition, Celtic were the champions of Scotland so why not play them but as I said I'd rather a top class premiership team just to see how we can compare to them, which is right because they can expose our weaknesses and can work on them before the season starts, I'm not moaning, just think it makes sense