Positives

- Rhodes scored 2 in 30 minutes 

- Reach was taking frequent shots and scored and hit the post twice 

- Nuhui scored 

- Some of our u23 squad got a run about 

- We played some good football 

- it's only the first pre season game and another month till the start of the season 

granted it is a lower rated team but we still had to show respect to them and we kept our heads down and the lads were playing for the shirt already by the looks of things 

I can't wait for this season already!!

Uto

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

You mean you didn't go RocketOwl?

I thought about travelling from South Norfolk but...couldn't be sure that Rhodes would be playing a full 90 minutes so decided against it. 

I wanted to but had a feeling Rhodes would be starting lol 

7 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

For anyone who was there what was the kerfuffle at half time in the stand opposite the dug outs?

They only let us have half the stand closest to the away end, which in the first half was a joke already as the other side had plenty of our fans in there anyway. 

However at halftime it seemed as if they had changed their mind and a large group of our fans were let through into the other side, they then suddenly changed their minds and stopped letting people through, by this point it was an absolute joke as even more of our fans was in that side and they wasn't kicking any of the ones that had got through back out into our end thus making it a debate as to why half were let through and now the rest aren't, if we're not allowed in that end why do we currently have more of our supporters in there than home fans? 

From the highlights..

+ Winnall and Rhodes linking up for the 1st.

+ Decent cross from Palmer for the 2nd.

+ Fox looks like he was getting involved, offering and making things happen, not just for the 3rd.

+ Pudil getting practice at Center Back.

- Pudil having to play in the middle means we're a bit short at left back for Mansfield. With games so close together in pre-season CC like to rotate heavily, but both our left backs played 70 odd minutes.

- Joao seems like he was stuck out on the right wing in the 2nd half.

Boyd looks like he was playing very narrow. Makes room for the overlap (which is Carlos' style) but will have to wait and see how effective he in there.

The obvious absentees suggest the following against Mansfield:

Westwood

Hunt - Hutch - Loovens - Pudil

Wallace - Abdi - Lee - Matias

Fletch - Nando

I'd assume Pudil because he worked a lot less than Fox did.

and Matais, because while Nando on the left and Hooper up top seems the better idea, It doesn't seem likely to happen.

I'd also add to the positives: Winnall was intergral in the build-up to both our first two goals, playing what I always thought looked a strong part of his game last season - that Hooper-esque willingness to get involved in buildup play and make some really nice incisive passes on the break to players in better positions (Reach's goal against Brum at home a good example), rather than always looking for the shot. Really good to see, think he could be very important to us this season, especially if Hoops has any fitness wobbles.

Also, anyone else think the team looked really cohesive and in good spirits? Camaraderie seemed to be great, lots of smiling and backslapping after every goal. Very encouraging.

Edited by Mr. Tom

They looked sharp considering it was the first game. It's very early doors but the team looked cohesive and had a nice fluidity about them.

i thought Reach looked Really up for it when he came on, stood out by a mile. Only the first game but it's nice to see the team looking sharp this soon. 

3 hours ago, Dave DJ said:

They only let us have half the stand closest to the away end, which in the first half was a joke already as the other side had plenty of our fans in there anyway. 

However at halftime it seemed as if they had changed their mind and a large group of our fans were let through into the other side, they then suddenly changed their minds and stopped letting people through, by this point it was an absolute joke as even more of our fans was in that side and they wasn't kicking any of the ones that had got through back out into our end thus making it a debate as to why half were let through and now the rest aren't, if we're not allowed in that end why do we currently have more of our supporters in there than home fans? 

They didnt change their mind , a few decided to ignore silly segregation and walk round the barrier. Whats even more daft is i entered the 'home' end turnstiles with my Wednesday shirt on and was one of many . As usual with all things segregation/ health and safety, a complete and utter waste of time. 

4 hours ago, Dave DJ said:

Was a bit daft really. We even entered the ground in the alfreton end, brilliant segregation from them. Had a chip cob (whatever the roger that is) in alfreton end with a queue of 3 people, whilst and in 'Wednesday' end was about 20 deep all game! Bizarre